Author Topic: Vector POLAR display of ModeS  (Read 1324 times)

neilmurg

Vector POLAR display of ModeS
« on: April 21, 2021, 03:57:24 pm »
I fly a Fuji with ModeS + Rosetta and Rockwell Commander 114b with Garmin ADSB in/out and occasionally Rosetta
I used to get a Vector POLAR on ModeS with the Fuji, it's now blank. Has it been disabled?
I also wanted to compare the 114b ADSB Vector POLAR with ModeS POLAR, but there's no ModeS reported.
Has ModeS reporting been removed?
The ModeS charts were always more sparse than technologies with GPS position, presumably because the aircraft's position had to be determined by MLAT which means 3(4?) stations receiving

There's a previously saved ModeS Vector POLAR  display below, but now I just get blank, for the Fuji, with ModeS and PAw fitted
« Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 04:01:53 pm by neilmurg »

grahambaker

Re: Vector POLAR display of ModeS
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2021, 04:04:20 pm »
The Vector page says:

"⚠️Mode-S transponder analysis is currently in development.⚠️"

RTFM  ;)

neilmurg

« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2021, 05:23:17 pm »
It's a perfectly reasonable question, I had and have read the Vector page. I enclosed a Vector ModeS polar diagram
Hopefully someone who knows how the development is going will add some context

exfirepro

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2021, 10:10:54 pm »
Hi Neil,

You are correct, Mode-S coverage was previously reported on Vector, but this was recently temporarily suspended due to issues caused by the massive amount of data which was being collected. Lee has advised that Mode-S reporting will be reinstated once we fully understand the data usage issues.

See this earlier thread... http://forum.pilotaware.com/index.php/topic,2057.0.html

Best Regards

Peter

neilmurg

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2021, 10:29:42 pm »
Thanks Peter, sorry for the duplicate-ish post. I don't want to distract you...