Author Topic: Iphone and ipad connect to pa wifi, the report missing wifi, 1090 and pi green  (Read 1524 times)

peter@schou.be

• Grumman aa5-A, Skydemon, PPL Pilot since 2009,
    • View Profile
Sorry this is a multipla of problems suddenly occuring, the 1090 indicator alternates betw green and yellow, the pi is permanently green, barometer is red and gps orange, the unit has been standing outside in 3/8 overvast for 30 mins no connection. The pics has been taken indore hence no targets on the gps.
I have taken apart the unit, taken of the bridge and reattached it. Its not power as u can see from the screenshots. What do i do next ?
Brg
Peter kehlet schou, denmark

exfirepro

Hi Peter,

What versions of PAW and iOS are you running with? Are you aware of the iOS connectivity problems with iOS 14.4.2? (See here... http://forum.pilotaware.com/index.php/topic,2060.0.html )

The 1090 moving between Green and Yellow is normal - it just means no 1090 Traffic in the last 15 seconds or so.

GPS Orange is an issue as this means it’s not getting a fix, which will prevent P3i transmitting. Barometer Red probably related to no GPS fix.

Unfortunately no pictures. We need to see your Home, Configure and Traffic Screens - preferably taken with the unit outside with a clear view of the sky to the south. You might need to reduce the size to allow the pictures to post and also maybe post them separately.

There are also 2 LEDs to the left of the power socket. There should be a solid red ‘Power’ LED and a green ‘Drive Access’ LED which comes on while the unit powers up then flashes only very occasionally.

Regards

Peter

peter@schou.be

• View Profile
Hi Peter/Peter :-)
Pilot aware and SD now work together (it showed up that the gps dongle didnt quite make the connection in the usb port. there is radar on SD. However my Ipad still reports no internet connection abt 5 secs after i have connected to SD's wifi. Sd still shows as connected ???
brg
Peter

steveu

However my Ipad still reports no internet connection abt 5 secs after i have connected to SD's wifi. Sd still shows as connected ???
brg
Peter

If the iPad is connected to the PAW Wifi there will be no Internet, unless you have done something very clever. This is the norm, you simply need to tell the iPad to remain connected to a Wifi network with no Internet and not to complain again... :-)

peter@schou.be

• View Profile
i have told the ipad off but but alas no change, as a punishment i have turned of the data connection from the sim card :-)

exfirepro

Hi again Peter S,

Good to hear you have found the problem with the GPS and got things working.

If this was a WiFi only iPad, this is correct behaviour, (as Steve has posted). Your device is telling you that you have no access to 'External Internet' as your iPad WiFi is already connected to PilotAware, which only provides a 'Closed WiFi Access Point' between PilotAware and your device with no External Internet Access.

As it is a 3/4G iPad, however, it 'should' still be possible to connect to the internet via 3/4G (if you have a signal), but my iPads don't have sim cards so I can't remember, but think there are some settings you need to change. (Can't remember what though - Sorry!) I'm sure some of the others can help.

Regards

Peter R

peter@schou.be

• View Profile
Peter R / Peter S
No worries, it works so far, and i dont seem to get drop outs in SD which is the most important