Author Topic: fitment of wired in aerials.  (Read 2149 times)

cyclone1

fitment of wired in aerials.
« on: April 18, 2021, 07:11:59 pm »
I have fitted the Rosette to my Xair panel and used the wired aerials one each site of the cockpit 6 inches from the door tubes and half way up the screen. The Rosette is tucked behind the Samsung Tab 2s mount. The problem I have is that PAW loads up and locks onto skydemon but then immediately drops off saying gps lost. Even if I reload the same thing happens. I am powering using an anker usb socket into the mains power mount. Going over to locations services everything works fine so I assuming the tablet gps is working ok. I have also attached to the Rosette the aircrew instrument which shows that wifi is active. Any clues would be appreciated.

Admin

Re: fitment of wired in aerials.
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2021, 07:15:31 pm »
Hi
Can you get to the PilotAware home page ?
If so could you post a screenshot of the home and configure page

Is the anker USB socket powering PilotAware alone, or are you powering another device ?

thx
Lee

cyclone1

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2021, 08:28:09 pm »
Unable to get to the plane for a few days to check out. The anker is for the PAW only but it does power the aircrew via a PAW usb socket as per the instructions for it. I was wondering is there could be a power drop that could cause this. Next time I got to fly I shall try it with the power bank and see if that makes any difference. The aircrew works off the wifi of the PAW and that shows WIFI is active via the PAW. It just seems odd that it does lock onto the gps but its that sudden drop off that is concerning.

exfirepro

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2021, 09:09:56 pm »
Hi cyclone1,

If there are any power issues, they will be reported on the PAW Home Screen (viewable via 192.168.1.1 after powering up and logging on to the PAW WiFi’) as Voltage and/or Throttle ‘Warning’ or ‘Error’.

Can you please take and post a screenshot of this Screen after getting all units fully up and running.

Can you also please post a photo showing the ‘in situ’ location and orientation of the Rosetta and Tablet.

Thanks

Peter
« Last Edit: April 18, 2021, 09:11:57 pm by exfirepro »

cyclone1

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2021, 09:29:06 pm »
I will do that at the first available opportunity.
Thanks for the info.

cyclone1

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2021, 08:25:31 pm »
Sorted..
Problem was the power source from the power socket holding the anker usb adapter. I will have to investigate more to see why but I suspect the adapter is not seating properly but once I used the power bank I had no problems whatsoever.

exfirepro

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2021, 09:00:28 pm »
Thanks for letting us know. Let us know if you find anything else.

Regards

Peter