Author Topic: ATOM GRID software enhancements  (Read 3462 times)

steveu

ATOM GRID software enhancements
« on: February 25, 2021, 11:50:54 am »
Just a shout out to our developers to say a big thank you for the continuing enhancements on the remote access to the ATOM GRID stations, and particularly the easy ground station status on the VRS, as we can now see if down, how long for, and PSU status, which is always some thing to eliminate in troubleshooting.

Compared with the OGN stuff, I think we only see ATOM GRID, so we don't have to work out if it's something that helps us with FLARM or not.

I'm seeing more stations all the time, especially where they are needed.

Ian Melville

Re: ATOM GRID software enhancements
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2021, 08:03:55 pm »
I'm just getting 'Server Unavailable', is it just me?  ???

steveu

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2021, 08:22:01 pm »
I'm just getting 'Server Unavailable', is it just me?  ???

I got that after login on the VRS but solved it by visiting the home page then selecting my station again.

When I first got unavailable, there was "undefined" in the URL, after revisiting the homepage and reselecting, it was rectified and showed my station.

Ian Melville

« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2021, 10:17:31 pm »
Nope, Still broken.

exfirepro

« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2021, 10:52:34 pm »
Hi Ian,

I'm not seeing any sign of Thame on VRS or via the PAW data site either, though I can connect to and 'view' the likes of PWOxford, PWPidding and PWRadley. Looks like something wrong at your end or, with your internet connection, though not sure what.

Regards

Peter

Admin

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2021, 07:40:22 am »
We are settling up an auto mailer to indicate ny potential issues to the maintainer
Should be running shortly

Thx
Lee

Ian Melville

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2021, 01:29:29 pm »
Same issue with PWEnstone. Not at home, so cannot check further till weekend.

Admin

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2021, 10:21:15 am »
Hi Ian, I think you mentioned power issues at Enstone previously?
Thx
Lee

Ian Melville

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2021, 08:31:54 pm »
Just got back from Enstone. PWEnstone is dead for now. Not a power issue. Some workmen have moved the unit again a pulled cables out. Pi is no longer booting. Waterproof housing is no longer staying shut and will need replacing.

Ian Melville

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2021, 10:23:43 am »
PWThame is back up on a Temporary PSU. PSU had died, after a few months :-(

This time I may order a few more than I need!

Lee, sooner this reporting is set up the better

exfirepro

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2021, 12:34:19 pm »
Well done Ian  :) !

I had a PSU go down on mine at Balerno after over 2 years constant use. Luckily I had a spare (3000mA rated), but the ones I have been using are no longer listed on Amazon or Fleabay, so I think I am going to use the standard Raspberry Pi4 PSUs from now on, with a USB-C to Micro USB adaptor (the Pi4 supply is rated at 3 amp - so plenty of ‘spare’ capacity) .

(For anyone else reading this ATOM-GRID WON’T run on a Pi4 or Pi3B+ BTW, so don’t bother trying)

Sorry to hear about Enstone - that sounds like a much more awkward fix - especially remembering where the unit was located! I have a similar problem with PWBalado - they demolished the Tower and I’m still waiting to hear when the replacement clubhouse building will be ready for me to reinstall the Ground Station.  :-\

Best Regards

Peter

Ian Melville

« Reply #11 on: February 28, 2021, 01:24:11 pm »
Thanks for the idea of using the Pi4 PSU. I have already ordered two Pi3 PSU, but will remember that for next time. I would rather they ran cool as one of mine is boxed in with no ventilation.

steveu

« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2021, 08:19:35 am »
Another big thank you for the rain viewer page that has been added. Adds a gloss.

Useful to see in conjunction with the METARs.

Vic

« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2021, 05:49:43 pm »
Another big thank you for the rain viewer page that has been added. Adds a gloss.

Useful to see in conjunction with the METARs.

Interesting, is that going to be uploadable to our airborne PAW too??