Author Topic: GSM box showing red  (Read 1135 times)

Torkie

GSM box showing red
« on: December 03, 2022, 10:26:10 am »
Hello and can anyone assist?
I have fitted the additional Wi-Fi dongle purchased from Pilot Aware and all USB’s show on auto.
Phone is set to hotspot and linked on network page.
However, GSM box simply shows red and so cannot use the new features?
I am running RunwayHD on an iPad and using ,my iPhone 11.
Can anyone advise please.

Andy Torkington.

steveu

Re: GSM box showing red
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2022, 04:07:43 pm »
I have fitted the additional Wi-Fi dongle purchased from Pilot Aware and all USB’s show on auto.
Phone is set to hotspot and linked on network page.
However, GSM box simply shows red and so cannot use the new features?

When the phone is set to hotspot and the whole PAW set up is running, can you access the Internet from a web browser on the phone?

Seanhump

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2022, 05:04:13 pm »
Try enabling the extended support (for older devices) on the hot spot page ..

I tend to enable my hotspot from control centre when I power the aircraft up, and PAW connects normally .. It's an Apple 'feature'
Pilotaware user ...

Torkie

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2022, 05:27:58 pm »
Ever since I added the new wifi dongle it’s played up. It is making RunwayHD freeze. I can see other traffic, but I don’t move. Have just tested this in a lap in the car and icon stayed static.
Can I force it to go back to a previous download?
I start my night qual tomorrow and would rather have it working.
Thanks in advance

steveu

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2022, 08:02:18 pm »
Ever since I added the new wifi dongle it’s played up. It is making RunwayHD freeze. I can see other traffic, but I don’t move. Have just tested this in a lap in the car and icon stayed static.
Thanks in advance

I'm going to suggest that you simply remove the wireless dongle, at which point the networking functionality attached to it will go, then just have your iPad/Phone join the PAW Wifi network as it did before iGRid. Is Runway HD getting location information from the iPad GPS or from the PAW?

Someone more knowledgeable will be along shortly, possibly to correc the above...

Admin

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2022, 02:27:50 pm »
Thanks in advance
Can you post a screenshot of your
configure and home page please
Thx
Lee

Dave jones

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2022, 04:23:40 pm »
I had a similar issue. I was using an iPhone8 and SkyDemon. I switched off VPN on my iPhone and all worked with no problem. Hope this might help if you check your VPN settings