Author Topic: Not picking up adsb out or mode c/s  (Read 1790 times)

Sapper732

Not picking up adsb out or mode c/s
« on: February 05, 2021, 08:59:34 am »
I have retained the classic so as I could test the adsb out for the BMAA mod, but am finding that all I’m getting is both the Rossetta and classic showing P in the mode section and all zeros in the adsb status, is this because I’m attempting this whilst the aircraft is in the hanger?
Cheers
Chris

Admin

Re: Not picking up adsb out or mode c/s
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2021, 12:41:55 pm »
hi Chris,

Can you post a screenshot of the following pages
- home
- traffic
- configure

Thx
Lee

Sapper732

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2021, 07:58:34 pm »
Hi guys, many thanks for the effort you’re putting in. I will take screen shots when I’m next at the airfield, hopefully this Monday.
Many thanks again.
Chris

rodent0_2

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2021, 06:50:34 pm »
Had the same issue, found the DTV Dongle thing to be u/s, happened to have a spare which I tried this afternoon now all ok.
Nick

Aircreation Tanarg G-CHFT

Ian Melville

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2021, 08:58:53 pm »
DTV as in Digital TV? I would be concerned that the drivers were there for a device like that.

rodent0_2

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2021, 10:08:39 pm »
It’s a component used in the original Paw Classic used to receive ADSB signals at The top end of the UHF band, nothing new, been running this since its inception as I was one of the Beta testers.
Nick

exfirepro

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2021, 11:51:26 pm »
Hi Ian,

I take it Nick means the 1090 RTLSDR... 

Yes Nick, that could be the reason for Chris's problem, or it could be because the units are too close to the transponder which can swamp the receiver front end, or there are several other possibilities - which is why Lee asked for the screenshots to narrow it down.

Still don't know if Chris resolved the problem, or just hasn't got back to the airfield yet. Hopefully he'll read this and let us know.

Regards

Peter

rodent0_2

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2021, 07:02:49 am »
Like I say it’s now all working again, no idea when it stopped really, only noticed when we started flying again after lockdown, looking at the config pages one of the usb status indications was in yellow, it’s now green.
Nick