Author Topic: 1090 Red Flag - Brand New Rosetta  (Read 3931 times)

peastlake

Re: 1090 Red Flag - Brand New Rosetta
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2021, 03:36:31 pm »
So I took the Rosetta to the airfield today. Still a red flag on the 1090 line on the home page when out in the open, and connected to the Charge-4 (a recommended power supply) on the trike.

Brought it & the Classic from out of the trike back home. Disconnected the little circuit board with the pink pig tail from the USB port on the Rosetta & plugged the D-TV dongle from the Classic into the same USB port on the Rosetta. Result - all green flags! See attached.

Powered off, disconnected the D-TV dongle and replugged in the little circuit board back into the same USB port. Power back on. Red flag on the 1090 line. See second screenshot attached to next post (522K is too restrictive!) Conclusion-duff little circuit board!

What to do next?

peastlake

« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2021, 03:38:04 pm »
After putting back in Rosetta’s little circuit board (obviously powered off while swapping these around)

peastlake

« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2021, 03:48:30 pm »
I’m supposed to be returning the Classic, but obviously can’t until the new unit is working properly.

Ian Melville

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2021, 04:27:16 pm »
Put the SDR from the classic in the Rosetta?

peastlake

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2021, 04:39:28 pm »
That's what I did Ian - isn't it? Otherwise I'm confused!

exfirepro

« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2021, 06:06:25 pm »
Hi peastlake,

Yes, that is what you did. Good news, you have confirmed that that was the problem - the new SDR (the circuit board without the case) was obviously faulty. If you are happy, just keep the one from your Classic and send the rest back (it will be re-used to set up another Ground Station).

If you’d prefer a new replacement, hang on to the old SDR to keep your new Rosetta going meantime and put the defective one in with the Classic with a clear note to the effect that it is defective - (refer to this thread) - and ask Ash to replace it. (I’m sure he will be happy to let you keep the old dongle as a spare.)

Regards

Peter
« Last Edit: May 16, 2021, 06:10:36 pm by exfirepro »

peastlake

« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2021, 07:05:47 pm »
Thanks Peter. Didn’t know you could remove the aerial/pigtail from the dongle/SDR. Any trick to that? Don’t really want to use the D-TV aerial attached to the working dongle - that was one of the reasons for upgrading

Ian Melville

« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2021, 07:44:42 pm »
That's what I did Ian - isn't it? Otherwise I'm confused!
Sorry, I missed that post  :-[

exfirepro

« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2021, 10:11:12 pm »
Hi peastlake,

The antenna cable is just a push fit  - same as the connection between the pigtail and the small board inside the Rosetta, so you can simply swap over the two SDRs. You can easily take the black case off the dongle from the Classic by splitting it at the obvious join with a thin blade, or even a thumbnail. The case then slips off quite easily.

Regards

Peter

A_Vinning33

« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2021, 11:11:30 am »
Hi Peastlake,

Please can you PM me your order number?

I will soak test and send you a replacement SDR.

Kind Regards,

Ashely