Author Topic: DDNS and ATOM ground stations  (Read 1923 times)

rhine

DDNS and ATOM ground stations
« on: January 16, 2021, 04:09:54 pm »
Hello. I would like to be able to access my ATOM station to the the RADAR facility from outside the local network and I do this for other Pi devices using DDNS. I understand that the ATOM station is built as an appliance so looking for suggestions as to how this might be done.

We have 2 x ATOM stations and one will be running on a network with NO public inbound access, so am thinking that I can maybe use my other station with a DDNS address which will effectively give me a RADAR view of the geography covered by the other station.

Any thoughts please? Thanks, Richard

steveu

Re: DDNS and ATOM ground stations
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2021, 05:55:40 pm »
Hello. I would like to be able to access my ATOM station to the the RADAR facility from outside the local network and I do this for other Pi devices using DDNS. I understand that the ATOM station is built as an appliance so looking for suggestions as to how this might be done.

Chris at PilotAware sent the station maintainers an email with a method for logging onto their ATOM station remotely and allowing them to see the VRS, and a huge host of other features besides.

Do the PilotAware people have a valid email address connected to your ground stations? This is usually set during config.

rhine

« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2021, 11:02:35 am »
Excellent, just the job, found it in my Spam. Thanks Chris and Steve. Richard

steveu

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2021, 02:30:00 pm »
Excellent, just the job, found it in my Spam. Thanks Chris and Steve. Richard

It's all Chris, nothing to do with me, and it's a superb tool.

The suite has been updated since that email to add the Vector system for analysing the performance of your ground station, and the suite of tools is awesome.

Elsewhere on the forum you will see postings form the PAW team about using the tools, and I think Keith may have something for the LAA mag detailing this soon...

In status, select coverage, then you are into some very cool stuff.

See attached.