Author Topic: No $PAWRT sentences?  (Read 1498 times)

Colin382

No $PAWRT sentences?
« on: January 12, 2021, 12:07:24 pm »
I'm using the TCP port 2000 to log incoming NMEA sentences. I see $GPRMC, $GPGGA, $PFLAA and maybe others of less interest, but no $PAWRT.
$PAWRT is helpful in discriminating between the various source transmitter types (Flarm, ModeS ADSB PAW).
Am I missing something in my setup?

Admin

Re: No $PAWRT sentences?
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2021, 02:07:37 pm »
I'm using the TCP port 2000 to log incoming NMEA sentences. I see $GPRMC, $GPGGA, $PFLAA and maybe others of less interest, but no $PAWRT.
$PAWRT is helpful in discriminating between the various source transmitter types (Flarm, ModeS ADSB PAW).
Am I missing something in my setup?

I understood the goal was to display on google earth ?
I'm using the Rosetta as a monitoring tool and I have a Python script that reads the Logging page, extracts $PFLAA and other NMEA sentences and then constructs kml files for viewing on Google Earth
This data contains everything required including the $PFxxx and $GPxxx messages

PAWRT are internal debug messages - these are not documented, nor guaranteed to be supported or maintained

Thx
Lee

Admin

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2021, 02:13:31 pm »
I am wondering if monitoring is of more interest - maybe hosting an ATOM ground station would be better suited

Thx
Lee

Colin382

« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2021, 03:47:47 pm »
Poor choice of words on my part, GE is the target, I was using PAWRT to sort sheep from goats. If it's gone, it's gone. No matter.

Regards
Colin382