Author Topic: Date/Time  (Read 2497 times)

roweda

Date/Time
« on: October 30, 2015, 01:51:43 pm »
Lee

Is there a way of the Pi being updated with the correct Date/Time from the GPS, either from the GPS in the tablet or via a GLONAS USB GPS directly connected to a USB port of the Pi?

On my Asus Memo Pad M173X, the Date/Time settings were configured to pick up date/time from the network. When connected to a Pi by WiFi with an incorrect date/time, the credentials on my tablet were changed. I have since changed the tablet to pick up date/time from GPS and this seems to have resolved it.

On iPads, I suspect that they are configured to only get time from a nominated Apple time source but I am not sure how Android works.

Please can you advise as it is of course possible that something else was the root cause of this.

Thanks

Dave

Admin

Re: Date/Time
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2015, 02:54:10 pm »
Hi Dave,

Actually this is supposed to happen today.
I am not sure how the Asus would get its date/time from PilotAware, but it is possible.

When PilotAware first boots up, it has the same time as when it last got turned off, it maintains this time until it gets a new time from either a GPS plugged into PilotAware, or CollisionAware running on an iOS device sends the time and data to PilotAware.

The real issue is that PilotAware (and RPi) does not have a real time clock

Thx
Lee