Author Topic: Ghosting  (Read 6797 times)

skyboy999

Re: Ghosting
« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2021, 02:09:44 pm »
Experienced this today and it persisted until I restarted paw following which it was fine. At the time, i looked at the traffic page and the top entry was highlighted red though most fields on the row empty. Perhaps this is a clue? Sorry, no evidence- if it happens again I’ll try to remember to take screen shots. I have a classic with current os.

Admin

« Reply #31 on: August 04, 2021, 09:38:17 am »
Can I ask what version is being run, and do you have a track file?
Thx
Lee

skyboy999

« Reply #32 on: August 05, 2021, 01:33:29 pm »
Running 20201101.

Never done anything with track files but point me in the right direction and i will check next time i go to airfield.

exfirepro

« Reply #33 on: August 05, 2021, 04:34:27 pm »
Hi skyboy999,

To get the track files, power up your PAW and log on from your phone or tablet via 192.168.1.1.

The Track files can be found on the Tab at the extreme TOP RIGHT of the screen. They are listed by flight date / time. Individual tracks can be selected and then downloaded to your phone/tablet, or they can be downloaded to a memory stick.

Regards
Peter

skyboy999

« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2021, 04:51:02 pm »
Thanks. I've emailed log file to support.

Andy Fell

« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2021, 05:37:04 pm »
I'm seeing a similar issue.  Didn't know until we were flying along on FlyUK the other week and my flying buddies said they could see me twice.

I just told them to get a new pair of specs! :-)

Andy
« Last Edit: August 10, 2021, 05:39:07 pm by Andy Fell »

exfirepro

« Reply #36 on: August 12, 2021, 05:41:43 am »
Hi Andy,

Trying to remember - are you running more than one EC device, and do they use separate GPS sources? I see this periodically on the likes of Glidertracker where the aircraft are for example running PAW +ADSB Out (or PAW +SkyEcho). Probably due to slightly different position reporting from the separate GPS sources in the transmitters.

Regards
Peter

Andy Fell

« Reply #37 on: August 13, 2021, 01:23:13 pm »
Yes.... very much suspect it is related to this.

I have PAW and ADS-B out.  My ADSB out (Trig TT21) is fed by a separate Garmin GPS unit, not PAW.  So yes they are totally independent.

I really should update the PAW GPS dongle, because the one I have looses its marbles sometimes..  It was even mis-reporting my altitude, once by approximately 4,000ft!

FWIW maybe if we have an ADSB out facility, we should be able to switch off PAW TX and only Receive PAW...... Thus relying on ADSB-out only if available.  AFAIK PAW doesn't rely on packet acknowledgments, it just receives and decodes what it gets without providing an ACK.

Cheers
Andy
« Last Edit: August 13, 2021, 03:40:40 pm by Andy Fell »

Admin

« Reply #38 on: August 13, 2021, 05:13:13 pm »
Hi Andy
PAW does rely on acknowledgement for the GRID Uplink
This stops us filling the airwaves unnecessarily

We track your PAW position, and uplink information based upon where you are.
this is for Traffic and METAR

Regarding ghosting - so long as the ICAO is the same - this should not happen
I also sent an email Andy, did you see this ?

Thx
Lee

Andy Fell

« Reply #39 on: August 13, 2021, 05:59:23 pm »
Hi Andy
PAW does rely on acknowledgement for the GRID Uplink
This stops us filling the airwaves unnecessarily

We track your PAW position, and uplink information based upon where you are.
this is for Traffic and METAR

Regarding ghosting - so long as the ICAO is the same - this should not happen
I also sent an email Andy, did you see this ?

Thx
Lee

Ah fair enough, I'd forgotten about that GRDI uplink :-)  Yes, have seen your email.  I'll try to get the data.. I need to get it from my flying buddies really because I can't tell on my unit.

Cheers
Andy