Author Topic: Bluetooth Volume  (Read 1343 times)

Altomar718

Bluetooth Volume
« on: December 22, 2020, 03:16:12 pm »
Hi All

I have been messing with a Bluetooth receiver into the wired headphone connections of the Eurostar and if I use the iPad - works perfectly ans volume can be adjusted using the iPad volume buttons, but disconnect that, reboot etc, and then try to use PAW's Bluetooth to the receiver, it works fine, but very loud and no matter what volume option is selected in the configuration menu (0-9 select an option, and save) it remains loud .... even selecting maybe 1 or 2 ....... but using a cheap earphones plugged into PAW it does adjust - any ideas how to overcome thins please?
« Last Edit: December 22, 2020, 04:15:28 pm by Altomar718 »

AlanG

Re: Bluetooth Volume
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2020, 05:33:41 pm »
Unfortunately Altomar, the volume adjustment only works for the wired connection through Audio/Video 3.5mm jack socket and does not affect the Bluetooth volume.  There are other threads on here discussing this.  I used to use the BT via a miniature receiver plugged into my headset and it had its own volume control but I can't remember what others come up with.
I now use a wired system through a mixer to get both Paw audio and EasyVFR audio mixed to my intercom.

I believe it's to do with the Rpi hardware that there is no volume control for BT.

Regards
Alan