Author Topic: Vector analysis - no PAW signal?  (Read 1807 times)

MrSaratoga

Vector analysis - no PAW signal?
« on: December 19, 2020, 03:38:09 pm »
Tried out the Vector analysis, great piece of software.  Checked it for my aircraft and the overall picture is good and solid reception quite a while out.  However, when I checked the different sources it turned out it was all from the ADS-B from my transpoder/external antenna, and the PAW picture (presumably that's only the PAW P3i signal from my internal PAW antenna) is completely empty.  Would have understood if weak but nothing?  Flying from Fairoaks in a PA32 so there are ground stations around; when I check the PAW status page I get the 4 greens that it's sending/receiving.  Any ideas what I'm missing here or could check?

Admin

Re: Vector analysis - no PAW signal?
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2020, 04:31:09 pm »
what is the ICAO code, and is this programmed into PilotAware ?
if you can please post a ascreenshot of the configure page

MrSaratoga

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2020, 08:14:08 pm »
here we go ... 400CBD and yes it is, as Hex-ID
(first pic is with ADSB as source, the second with PilotAware as source on the vector page; the config page just shows the hex ID as above and flight ID as GBJCW)
« Last Edit: December 19, 2020, 08:21:57 pm by MrSaratoga »

James Rose

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2020, 08:31:52 pm »
Your PAW HEX code is set to FD6633 while your aircraft HEX is set to 400CBD.

I've attached the vector analysis for your PilotAware (FD6633). I would change your PilotAware HEX-ID from FD6633 it to 400CBD in the PilotAware configuration.

Insert your unique ICAO code in the Hex-ID field. This will make Rosetta ignore any EC messages from your aircraft. Rosetta will also transmit your aircraft ICAO code to receiving PilotAware units and ATOM GRID ground stations. This allows for better identification and situational awareness.

https://www.pilotaware.com/knowledgebase/configuration

MrSaratoga

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2020, 10:41:30 pm »
how interesting, and thanks so much ... thought I had but clearly not; will fix next time in the airplane
the P3i scheme also makes sense as the antenna is on the right side of the dashboard, will try and move a bit higher

Ian Melville

« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2020, 09:44:00 am »
Easy mistake to make, is to not click the 'Save' button after making the change. I then refresh and check changes were accepted.