Author Topic: Bluetooth Audio  (Read 1529 times)

neilld

Bluetooth Audio
« on: November 26, 2020, 08:49:07 pm »
Tried my new (half price) Rosetta to-day using audio alerts via Bluetooth. Seems to work OK but:-
1. Do I have to "pair" the Rosetta with the BT receiver every time I use it or does the PAW "remember" the BT connection?
2. I found that the pairing process took some time and several attempts to find the receiver despite being close to each other.  Is this normal?
3. The search for nearby devices found a number (including my mobile phone).  Can I stop the PAW from trying to pair with the wrong device? (When I tap the "connect" icon, all the found devices seem to try to connect)

BR

DFN

neilld

Re: Bluetooth Audio
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2020, 09:20:52 am »
I assume no-one knows the answers then?

steveu

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2020, 03:49:54 pm »
Naming the BT receiver might help, it might not.

BT pairing always seems to take a while and produce a long list, IME...

Seanhump

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2020, 05:52:29 pm »
The Bluetooth isn't persistent, and will forget your device after powering off ..

It should connect reasonably quickly once you hit the connect button (they do all light up thou....)

Which headset are you using ..? I find its ok with my A20's (later model), but now and then do have to scan twice to pick them up …

I did save the URL that the connection button produces (as a shortcut on the ipad, but you need to be quick to get it to copy) and do use that now and then - saves hitting the wrong button after the scan ...
Pilotaware user ...

neilld

« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2020, 08:02:26 pm »
Thanks for feedback.  I'm using a standalone BT receiver connected (via a 2 into 1 adapter) to my DC H10 13.4 headset.  Works OK if a bit low on volume.  It's just the connection to the receiver that's a bit of a potch.