Author Topic: Garmin GLO Success  (Read 4489 times)

Thomasrj

Garmin GLO Success
« on: October 29, 2015, 09:31:13 pm »
Hi Folks - After changing the Raspberry Pi2 for the right version my device seemed to work well but I could only test on the Iphone at home.

Went to the airfield today with a friend to try out the new toy and see how it worked when flying in formation.

The Garmin Glo does work perfectly with the PA and it was very accurate when we were both on the runway - very impressive.

In the air it was flawless with the lead aircraft exactly where the Sky Demon placed it - will be very useful for formation flights where losing sight of the lead aircraft will no longer be a cause to stress.   

Images attached shows only one change - I missed putting my registration into the interface for PA. The red is picking up my aircraft. When the lead aircraft got close that went red in Sky Demon as well. I have sorted that and hopefully all will be perfect for the week-end.  Thank you Lee for some great work.

wyrleybird

Re: Garmin GLO Success
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2015, 10:38:05 pm »
Hi Thomas how do you put your aircraft  number in?

Thomasrj

« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2015, 07:38:57 am »
Hi - Open the PilotAware interface on the Raspberry Pi (192.168.1.1)..

Above the pressure setting there is an Ident with (manual) by the side. It it populated but you put your transponder Hex code in here. The software will then ignore your output.

I have made my setting change and will test on the week-end.

Richard

gravityguy

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2015, 08:38:57 am »
Hi Thomas, I assume your Garmin GLO was connected via Bluetooth to your iPhone rather than to the PA?

Thomasrj

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2015, 08:47:15 am »
Hi Yes

The Garmin connects to my Ipad by bluetooth and works Skydemon. I was concerened about how this would work with Pilot aware as most have built in GPS. However as you saw it worked fine for me.

Regards

Richard

gravityguy

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2015, 09:08:33 am »
Excellent, did you still need to run collisionaware software for it to work?

Thomasrj

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2015, 09:29:13 am »
Hi yes you have to have downloaded the Pilotaware AP and have this running on the Ipad. It is this that links the Raspberry Pi traffic data to the Skydemon map.

Richard