Author Topic: Unable to change GroupID  (Read 2540 times)

grahambaker

Unable to change GroupID
« on: November 22, 2020, 02:25:47 pm »
I’ve just updated to the latest 20201101 release, and while setting up a new profile, noticed that I wasn’t able to change the Group ID, it kept resetting itself to the value of the current profile I was modifying.

This might be a problem that predates the current release, I haven’t tried to change GroupID for ages.

grahambaker

Re: Unable to change GroupID
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2020, 06:06:10 am »
Is this an issue, or am I doing something wrong?

exfirepro

« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2020, 03:23:45 pm »
Hi Graham,

What were you trying to change it to?

I haven't come across this before, though I had it in the back of my mind that there was a character limit, so just tried setting up a new profile on my spare 'test' Rosetta.

Set up a completely new Profile - including a change of Group ID to EOSM and it worked and saved as expected.

Then tried a longer Group ID BUCKINGHAM - also OK, but BUCKINGHAMPALACE was cut off to BUCKINGHAMPA - i.e. a maximum of 12 characters.

OK so next I tried two words with a space (EOSM GROUP) - This was rejected - but EOSM-GROUP (with a hyphen) was OK.

So it looks like there is a limit of 12 characters, but with no 'spaces'. There may also be a restriction on some other 'non-standard or unusual characters'.

Perhaps Lee can confirm.

If this is correct, I will ask the guys to add it to the next revision of the user manual.

Regards

Peter

grahambaker

« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2020, 04:08:08 pm »
Thanks Peter,

IIRC I wasn’t trying to change the current custom ID to anything particularly weird. I don’t think it even let me blank out what was there.

I’ll do some more controlled testing when I’m next at the aircraft in the next day or two.

Edit: Mysteriously, I went back to change the profile concerned to exactly the same value today and all worked first time! Thanks anyway. 
« Last Edit: November 29, 2020, 12:23:18 pm by GrahamBaker »