Author Topic: Flexwing pilots - replacement for nose mounted aerial in P&M Quantum/Quik?  (Read 1913 times)

steveu

Hi all,

I've put this in general discussion as it's not a PAW support issue as the PAW works fine. I'm just hoping to blag some flexwing experience of aerials.

I'm after either:

A replacement aerial and cable for the one mounted in the P&M Quantum on the nose, either a brand new original or a very close replacement with known good performance, with source of same please;

or

A replacement cable for the one used in the original fitting.

I need to get off my backside and look at the connector on the other end, as it could be just as simple as ordering a BNC to "whatever that connector is" and replacing that piece of cable.

Thoughts please?

GeoffreyC

Re: Flexwing pilots - replacement for nose mounted aerial in P&M Quantum/Quik?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2020, 07:54:29 pm »
Micro avionics sell the whip aerial you can use for a flexwing.  I don’t know if they supplied to P&M but I bought one from them years ago and it worked great

Geoffrey

steveu

Re: Flexwing pilots - replacement for nose mounted aerial in P&M Quantum/Quik?
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2020, 09:05:08 pm »
I found the original fitted to the Quantum in question on the Lynx web site. Aerial, hardware and cable.

What was very useful to know was the name of the other end of the coax cable connector - it's not a BNC.