Author Topic: Unable to connect tablet or phone to Pilotaware to update  (Read 6525 times)

Admin

Re: Unable to connect tablet or phone to Pilotaware to update
« Reply #30 on: October 06, 2020, 01:26:39 pm »
Hi Brian
Just to clarify, you have tried browsing for the WiFi Hotspot from both the Android and iOS devices, and nothing is visible ?
And you are using your 10Watt power supply
Thx
Lee

Ian Melville

« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2020, 01:53:09 pm »
I have seen several times, that SDFormatter will not correctly format a SD card that has previously been used for PAW. Reported symptoms are much like those reported by Brian.

The fix is to delete all partitions on the SD card in Windows Disk Management tool(other tools available). Make sure that you have the right drive . Then use the SD Formatter as instructed.

pioneer

« Reply #32 on: October 07, 2020, 10:24:47 am »
Hi
Have replaced sd card with new card ,formatted with SD Formatter and latest software also installed new WiFi dongle, unit is running on 2.4 amp 5volt wall adapter, unit goes to rainbow screen then initially took  a long time to load new software then ran through a long list of actions finishing with "paw login",  checked for wifi on my android tablet which I have used in aircraft for past 18 months also on android phone running Android 10 neither showed any wifi signal.
I videoed the last part of the loading screen if that is any help.

Admin

« Reply #33 on: October 07, 2020, 11:09:48 am »
Hi Brian

I can understand this is frustrating.
The image you have posted - is that the final state after the software has installed etc, if so this is not good.
If this is the initial state, that is understandable.

Do you have a dropbox where we can look at the video you mentioned.
It sounds like a hardware fault, maybe on the baseboard USB ?

Thx
Lee

exfirepro

« Reply #34 on: October 07, 2020, 04:26:33 pm »
Hi Brian,

I agree with Lee (as I usually do) - looking like a board fault, but don’t rush to order a replacement (as per my earlier post in Reply #21) until Lee has seen the boot video - just in case!

Looking forward with interest to see (or hear from Lee) what the video ,shows.

Best Regards

Peter

pioneer

« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2020, 02:14:20 pm »
Hi Peter and Lee
Sorry for delay in getting back to you .
Actions to date.
reloaded latest update via sd card, no wifi, installed new wifi dongle still no wifi, tried another wifi dongle no change.
Formatted new 8gb sd card, installed previous working update, no change no wifi, gps is flashing green.
Looking at end of PilotAware case can see, bottom left solid red led, on the board above  are flashing red and flashing green led's , still no wifi.
Changed the Raspberry Pi circuit board for a known good one, new wifi dongle ,new sd card original gps dongle .
As viewed via the hdmi connection the software was installed then the rainbow screen then the long list of actions terminating with
      Raspbian GNU/Linux 9 paw tty1
      paw login: ( flashing cursor)
I am out of options now, nothing to change except the pc board plugged in on top of the Raspberry Pi board are these available?
   Thanks    Brian

Keithvinning

« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2020, 07:08:34 pm »
Brian, I will send you a PM

Regards

Keith