Author Topic: No GPS  (Read 2645 times)

Toolman

No GPS
« on: October 12, 2020, 07:40:46 pm »
In the home page 192.168.1.1 it shows 17 satellites in view but non in use.
fix= no fix
mode=not available
sat=0(use) /17 (view)

Any ideas why it is not using these in view?

« Last Edit: October 12, 2020, 07:44:29 pm by Toolman »

Admin

Re: No GPS
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2020, 08:05:00 pm »
Hi
Please post A complete screenshot of the home page
Thx
Lee

Toolman

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2020, 08:21:43 am »
Hi,

reloaded the latest software and issue was solved.
Thanks

exfirepro

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2020, 08:59:35 am »
Hi Toolman,

Just noticed your latest post - glad you have now got it working.

I was about to post the following, may not apply to you (except the last bit) but might help someone else coming to this thread later, so will post it anyway...

Is this is a new unit, being powered up for the first time? Where are you running it?

After moving a unit from the manufacturing site to a new location, (or between locations such as home and airfield without being powered up), the GPS needs a bit of time to establish exactly where it is. Until it does this, the rest of the unit won’t start to run.

The standard ‘beginners’ error’ is to power up the unit at home to give it a try - indoors, or in the plane in the hangar and then wonder why it isn’t working. Buildings - even glass conservatories - aren’t ideal sites for this first-run. To establish its ‘new’ position, the GPS needs a good view of the sky (ideally towards the equator to see most satellites) to establish or re-establish its ephemeris (position) data. This should preferably in the open air - (even glazing can be obscure to gps signals due to the inclusion of metals in the glazing or coatings). Even outside establishing position for the first time can take several minutes or longer to get a decent 3D fix, so be patient. This is however much quicker on subsequent restarts as the unit remembers the position data from its last run.

In your case, however, you are saying that the Home Screen is showing GPS Unavailable - which suggests that the GPS dongle may have become dislodged in transit. You should be able to sort this by carefully opening the end of the case with the Rosetta sticker over it (if unsure, see the full operating instructions at https://PilotAware.com/documents ) and carefully relocate the GPS dongle in its USB socket.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Peter

Admin

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2020, 09:56:28 am »
This would not have been a fitting issue as it was reporting "17 satellites in view"
just no satellites in use, sounds like an almanac update in progress

Thx
Lee

gpaff

« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2020, 03:36:45 pm »
I have an early raspbery pie unit and have had endless connection problems more so with the wifi, that now well sorted I purchased the latest rosetta gps antenna and a new arial, I then loaded the new software and it will not connect to gps. It sees traffic but despite changing to anker power supply and trying a 2.1 amp supply on my aircraft which always worked before, it just does not work. I have tried 2 other dongles all will SAT=0

Can anyone help please

iTS A mODEL b pI 2, 9(STRETCH)/4.14.79-V7+ IF THAT HELPS

« Last Edit: November 25, 2020, 03:43:17 pm by gpaff »

steveu

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2020, 03:57:54 pm »
I have an early raspbery pie unit and have had endless connection problems more so with the wifi, that now well sorted I purchased the latest rosetta gps antenna and a new arial, I then loaded the new software and it will not connect to gps. It sees traffic but despite changing to anker power supply and trying a 2.1 amp supply on my aircraft which always worked before, it just does not work. I have tried 2 other dongles all will SAT=0

Can anyone help please

iTS A mODEL b pI 2, 9(STRETCH)/4.14.79-V7+ IF THAT HELPS

How long did you give the unit to acquire GPS lock?

Was the unit outside with clear view of the sky?

Is it a Classic unit?

Do the instructions give you specific USB sockets for the WiFi, SDR and GPS connections?

gpaff

« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2020, 04:23:26 pm »
Lee I may have the same issue as the homepage readsRX=1485(+18) and that number changes whilst it states NO FIX and SAT=0

thanks

Admin

« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2021, 06:23:17 pm »
Lee I may have the same issue as the homepage readsRX=1485(+18) and that number changes whilst it states NO FIX and SAT=0

thanks

Can you please post a full screenshot of your homepage please

thx
Lee