Author Topic: How to mute audio  (Read 4114 times)

marioair

• welcome to the PilotAware forum
    • View Profile
Re: How to mute audio
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2020, 03:58:30 pm »
@keith @lee

you'll see, after some pestering that SkyDemon are building in some audio muting for ground targets. Can we consider doing the same now for PaW Audio? I like to have the bearingless data via PaW audio but the SD functionality might start swaying me that way.

see here for SD have done and what others have asked them for next
http://forums.skydemon.aero/Topic32012-5.aspx

bladeslapper

Re: How to mute audio
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2020, 10:17:11 am »
These are all really good ideas. I like the PAW audio as I often fly without SD/RWHD/EVFR running as I know where I am and where the NOTAMS are but I will try and keep PA running for the audio and the transmit to others. I jump between aircraft during a working day and often stay within 30 mins of the airfield sometimes never leaving the ATZ.
Some thoughts from reading this:

Low level/airspeed attenuation would be ok most of the time but it would inconveniently eliminate warnings when hovering in a random field and about to launch back into the air - often back up into a busy traffic area

With the audio set correctly, the only time I get too many notifications is within the ATZ. There's too much going on to find this useful. Having a 'disable audio within 2nm of this lat/long' might solve this? It would be nice if this was automated to "all airfields" but this would require PAW to have a database of airfields and their locations and at quiet ones, you might actually want notifications turned on.

Connecting the audio to the headset via bluetooth and being able to correctly 'mix' it might be the best plan

just a few thoughts