Author Topic: Wifi connection does not appear  (Read 2064 times)

Wessex Flyer

Wifi connection does not appear
« on: September 29, 2020, 04:01:36 pm »
I have recently upgraded without problem to the new software.  However, I have suffered from a slightly strange problem for a considerable time pre-dating the update.  Whenever I switch Pilotaware on (I am using Rosetta powered by the recommended Anker battery in my plane) the Pilotaware network never appears in my list of available networks until after I have plugged and unplugged the battery two or three times.  It is annoying that it never works first time, but when it does connect, it seems to work fine.  I have checked the lights for signs of trouble, but it is always solid red and flashing green so no obvious problem.  I did notice in flight the other day that the Baro was red which the manual says is very unusual, but it was green again when back on the ground.  Any ideas to resolve this?

Ian Melville

Re: Wifi connection does not appear
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2020, 04:16:59 pm »
Does it work better when all taken out of the aircraft?
When you do get a connection, can you take a screenshot of your home and config pages and post here?

Cheers
Ian

Wessex Flyer

« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2020, 09:30:28 pm »
It behaves exactly the same whether in or out of the aircraft.  This evening I had to connect and disconnect the battery about 6 times before the Pilotaware network appeared.  I attach the home and config pages as you requested.  On the network page I tried increasing the power to 100mW and changing the channel but it made no difference.

Admin

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2020, 09:37:03 pm »
Sounds like a hardware fault
Can you attach an hdmi monitor/tv to see if this gives a clue

SGS66

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2020, 10:28:17 am »
I had the same problem with Rosetta last week. I use a power pack so at first I thought i needed to change the power pack but found it was fully charged and on disconnecting and reconnecting all was ok. No problem with the power pack over the next 2.5 hours flight. I have the new PAW software.

No problems at all over next three flights( on another day) . I start with a charged power pack first flight of the day, and carry a spare.

Admin

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2020, 04:40:01 pm »
out of interest, how long have you waited before seeing if the WiFi appears ?

Thx
Lee

Ian Melville

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2020, 07:28:29 am »
Hi Lee, I think I had this as well. As you are aware I replaced my Pi2 with a Pi3B+ (which resolved all previous issues). While testing the new kit in the car I got about 5 minutes into the journey and no WiFi had appeared. I didn't investigate, just rebooted the PAW and all was OK after. That was the one and only glitch I have had since the change.

SGS66

« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2020, 10:28:28 am »
In answer to Lee’s question i would say about 3 minutes considering the sequence of events in the aircraft that day from Rosetta power up.
Had 3 more flights since my last report - no Wifi problems.