Author Topic: PAW Classic - Warnings  (Read 1778 times)

Skyranger1963

PAW Classic - Warnings
« on: October 02, 2020, 12:06:07 pm »
Hello - having downloaded the latest software, successfully loaded it to the micro SD card and applied a new licence, I fired the system up last night - in my home which meant the GPS fix was intermittent as expected.  On the Status Page, the 1090 indicator keeps flickering between Green and Amber - also, after 20-mins of running, the Status line (see photo) has a number of warnings - Voltage and Thro - the unit also seems rather warm.  I am using a recommenced Anker power pack (always used without a problem) and the original lead connecting the power pack to the PAW unit.

Something is not quite right here - any advice would be appreciated.  Many thanks.

exfirepro

Re: PAW Classic - Warnings
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2020, 07:07:20 pm »
Hi Skyranger,

The 1090 indicator swaps to Amber if no 1090 signals have been received in the past (IIRC) 5 seconds, so switching between green and Amber is perfectly normal. If it goes red, however, that indicates a fault with the SDR or antenna.

The Voltage / Throttled ‘Warning’ indicates that at some point in the recent past you have had a power supply issue which has caused the Raspberry Pi to go under- voltage. Points to check are that your power supply can sustain a minimum of 5 volts even if drawing over 2 amps, that you are using the correct supplied JuicEBitz power lead or a ‘same type’ replacement, that connection between the lead and the paw is sound and not ‘loose’ and the same for the other USB end and that there are no breaks or damage to the cable (not always visible).

Regards

Peter

Skyranger1963

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2020, 07:13:13 pm »
Thanks Peter - am suspecting the power cable may have been damaged through use.  Do you know if the JuicEbitz cable shown in the PAW Products section (see photo) is the correct one for a PAW Classic unit please?  Thanks very much.

exfirepro

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2020, 09:22:19 pm »
Hi Skyranger,

Yes that one is perfect.

Regards

Peter

Skyranger1963

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2020, 06:56:19 pm »
Hi Peter - thank you.  Sadly, this item (the power lead) is out of stock via the PAW site - is it possible to send me a link so I can purchase one elsewhere please so that I get the correct item.  Sorry but I’m not very technically minded!  Best wishes, Paul.

exfirepro

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2020, 10:13:45 am »
Hi Paul,

Back in stock on https://pilotaware.com/product/1m-power-cable/ this morning.

Best Regards

Peter

Skyranger1963

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2020, 10:29:50 am »
Thanks Peter - cable ordered just now.  All the best, Paul.