Author Topic: Flyer forum... sigh...  (Read 4546 times)

G-AVOM

Re: Flyer forum... sigh...
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2020, 10:52:10 pm »
I added my tuppence worth.  I'm Caps_Pin_Removed on that site.  (Remove the CAPS pin to arm the parachute before flight.  In case you don't fancy doing the landing yourself.) 

steveu

Re: Flyer forum... sigh...
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2020, 08:47:59 am »
I added my tuppence worth.  I'm Caps_Pin_Removed on that site.  (Remove the CAPS pin to arm the parachute before flight.  In case you don't fancy doing the landing yourself.)

i applaud your stance.

However, my original post was partly about the sense of entitlement you see on Flyer Forum, the same sense of entitlement is prevalent on PPRuNe as you can see from the attempts to silence you and another member of this forum, by questioning your right to have any sort of say.

The attitudes in some sections of the aviation community really do beggar belief, those are attitudes that come from the 70s.

The 1870s.

There really is a belief that some of us should not be allowed to fly as we cannot afford or will not pay for the certified solutions that have been tested in NATS trails and found to be roughly equivalent to the COTS uncertified solutions now available.