Author Topic: USB - RS232 Dropouts  (Read 1235 times)

Young_C

USB - RS232 Dropouts
« on: July 29, 2020, 03:34:48 pm »
Hi,
I've noticed a few comms dropouts from the Rosetta unit to the Skyview Dynon. Interestingly it only seems to occur on return flights so may be temperature related. It only occurs for a few seconds at the most, but the Dynon says "Caution" and the FLARM lost shows on the screen. I think PilotAware is still alive since I heard an audio warning once when the comms was lost. Also I don't hear "PilotAware" indicating that the Rosetta is powering back up.

My Baud rate is set to 57600, but would it be more robust if this was slower or faster?

Any advice please?

Thanks,
Chris.

Young_C

Re: USB - RS232 Dropouts
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2020, 09:14:55 pm »
Hi,
Just to feedback on this question. I changed the baud rate from 57600 to 115200 and did a flight today. The issue was significantly improved, there were no dropouts throughout the outbound flight and only a couple at the very end of the return flight. If it is temperature related then clearly today was one of the hottest at ~30C, so I hope it will now be fine for most normal days.

Regards,
Chris.

exfirepro

Re: USB - RS232 Dropouts
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2020, 11:03:31 pm »
Hi Chris,

Thanks for the update. I had seen your earlier post but didn’t comment as I have no personal experience of using PAW with Dynon. Looks like you made the right decision. Please keep us informed.

Regards

Peter