Author Topic: Radar 360  (Read 1868 times)

peter.seddon

Radar 360
« on: July 08, 2020, 09:07:30 am »
Why does Radar 360 not save list settings on exit?
Peter S
G-DDLA

exfirepro

Re: Radar 360
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2020, 09:17:42 am »
Hi Peter S,

I assume you are talking about running VRS from the ‘Radar’ tab on your OGN-R?

If so, it normally does retain your settings between sessions, though I have noticed that they seem to be reset to a default by PAW OGN-R software auto-updates.

I think this has something to do with the fact that the settings are unique to the device you were using when you set them - i.e. you can set up several devices from your Ground Station, each with it’s own user-selectable settings and all running independently.

Regards

Peter R
« Last Edit: July 08, 2020, 09:22:48 am by exfirepro »

Ben Smith

• Engineering
  • Glider pilot, electronics engineer and Beekeeper.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2020, 03:21:24 pm »
I am having a similar issue, if I set up things like range rings or different info in the aircraft tabs (such as type etc) then it works until I refresh it or switch tabs, when all my changes are lost, I cannot even get it to save pressure in Hpa rather than the American inches of mercury!
What needs to be done to make the changes stick?
(Viewing with Safari on iOS 13.5)
Ben.

AlanG

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2020, 11:04:28 am »
This is not a problem caused by updates.
I too am noticing that the OGNR radar screen is defaulting to presets after being closed and re-opened every time and it does not matter whether you start it from the Radar button in the status page or from a saved bookmarked shortcut.
Every time it is opened it reverts to a pre-determined set of values, even if you have a session opened and reset to your preferences and you open another copy it opens with the defaults.  Something has changed as this did not happen previously.

Regards
Alan

AlanG

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2020, 01:37:30 pm »
UPDATE:

I have become aware that this problem with the ATOM/GRID VRS screen reverting to default settings is only happening with my Windows desktop PC.  It seems to retain the settings I have chosen in my android devices.  This is still the same since the overnight software update to 20200713.

Regards
Alan

Edit:  I think this thread should be in the OGN-R PilotAware topic.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 01:40:14 pm by AlanG »