Author Topic: Connect PAW with Powermouse  (Read 11201 times)

Admin

Re: Connect PAW with Powermouse
« Reply #45 on: August 06, 2020, 02:12:31 pm »
@Lee: regarding track file: you mean the file from the Rosetta, that is saved on the MicroSD Card? If so I need to get back home first to upload that file. Or do you mean the SD logfile?

yes the PilotAware track file for the issue you raised when SD was not displaying traffic

Thx
Lee

Kurt37

« Reply #46 on: August 07, 2020, 09:28:30 pm »
I am really sorry, but after inserting the PAW MicroSD into a card reader I see loads of files but nothing like a track file. Where do I find it/under which name?

Patrick

Admin

« Reply #47 on: August 07, 2020, 09:47:37 pm »
Hi Patrick
No need to remove the disk
There is a Track menu option on the web interface
This will allow you to download the track to your device
Thx
Lee

Kurt37

« Reply #48 on: August 08, 2020, 06:30:22 am »
Number one:
Constant dropout/low range of D-ESEG from SD. PAW showed him all the way. Through traffic pattern.
https://www.file-upload.net/download-14222737/2020-07-30_15-12.trk.html

Number two:
https://www.file-upload.net/download-14222734/2020-08-03_12-29.trk.html

Admin

« Reply #49 on: August 08, 2020, 01:55:33 pm »
hi Kurt,

OK, I see something strange here - I think that the FLARMBAT is generating some PFLAA messages which my parser is not recognising. I think Peter mentioned something about the PFLAA format earlier in the thread ?

Thx
Lee

exfirepro

« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2020, 04:57:18 pm »
Patrick,

Do you know - or can you easily find - the ICAO Hex ID code for D-ESEG.

Thanks

Peter

Kurt37

« Reply #51 on: August 09, 2020, 07:10:54 am »
3D349E for DESEG

exfirepro

« Reply #52 on: August 09, 2020, 08:07:33 am »
Thanks Patrick,

I had a long chat with Lee yesterday about your problem. As posted earlier, he has found the offending ‘bug’ and is working on a permanent fix. PowerFlarm has obviously moved on and passing additional data that hadn’t been significant when our original integration of Flarm to PAW was developed.

In the meantime, I suggest temporarily separating your FlarmBat from Rosetta (just pull out the USB and replace the Rosetta GPS) and running them in parallel. You don’t need to reconfigure Port 2 as it will have no connection. This will give you traffic on both independently, with the ADSB / P3i / Mode C/S stuff and any local Flarm or Mode-S rebroadcast now showing properly on SD, until the ‘fix’ is ready.

We’ll keep you posted.

Best Regards

Peter
« Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 08:14:04 am by exfirepro »

Kurt37

« Reply #53 on: August 09, 2020, 09:23:55 am »
Thks for the investigation, I completely understand that if Flarm changes things that can have a negative effect on how Flarm and paw work.
A fix is much appreciated as of course the system should work as a whole.

Question: is there any problem in using the PAW radar while connected with the Flarmbat? So far my main problem is the SD visibility of traffic.

Patrick

exfirepro

« Reply #54 on: August 09, 2020, 11:11:15 am »
Hi Patrick,

I presume you mean on the basis that you were still seeing ADSB, Flarm and Mode S on PAW Radar.

If that is the case, you should be OK, though I'm not sure exactly how the bug affects the data, (that's definitley Lee's province). You can certainly give it a try, but make sure you keep a good lookout!

Best Regards

Peter

Admin

« Reply #55 on: August 09, 2020, 11:37:32 am »
Hi Patrick

I think I can see the issue
the way the system works is that flarmbat sends PFLAA messages to PAW, which are parsed and stored, then sent to SD
Somethingis getting mis-interpreted along this path, here is a message sent to SD, the real issue is the part I have highlighted in bold

$PFLAA,0,-145,113,25,1,DD8358!DD8358,0,11120384431955375247503392768.0,0,0.1,1*4B

This field is the turnrate
The target’s turn rate. Positive values indicate a clockwise turn. Signed decimal value in °/s. Currently omitted. Field is empty if the privacy for the target is active

an example given by FLARM is
$PFLAA,0,-1234,1234,220,2,DD8F12,180,-4.5,30,-1.4,1*

So in programming terms I treat this as a floating point number (ie it has a fractional value)
I am guessing that the message that FLARM is giving to me, is breaking my parser, and when provided to SD, is not accepted

I need to discover, what is being sent by flarm in order to debug further.
as a simple workaround, I could just omit this value, and I think it would be fine.
I am sure that SD does not use this value in any case.

I will update this on my further findings

Thx
Lee

Kurt37

« Reply #56 on: August 09, 2020, 06:33:18 pm »
Can I do anything from my end here to help?

Can I omit the data or phase in data from you, do some test flying and feed back the results?

Or will it be a fix via the update that is planned anyhow?

Patrick

Admin

« Reply #57 on: August 11, 2020, 10:37:42 am »
I found this in a recent dataport specification
<TurnRate>Currently this field is empty

This sounds like it has been deprecated - I am surprised at that
So maybe this is the issue and should be ignored - still investigating

Thx
Lee

exfirepro

« Reply #58 on: August 11, 2020, 07:04:20 pm »
Patrick,

Please check your Messages.

We have (hopefully) a 'fix' available - I will send you a link to download the new software once you get in touch.

Best Regards

Peter