Author Topic: Hardware development?  (Read 1455 times)

ls8pilot

Hardware development?
« on: June 26, 2020, 01:12:50 pm »
Hi. I was wondering if there was any developments on the hardware side for a Rosetta follow-on or different HW platforms?   

I completely agree with the latest youtube video on Atom-Grid, PAW makes a great integrated receiver for multiple protocols. My issue is that I struggle to find an easy way of mounting Rosetta + battery + antenna in a glider cockpit that is already full of gizmos !  (Note before everyone chimes in, I'm not saying it's impossible, just not convenient or neat in my setup).

I was wondering, for example, if it would be possible to build a receiver based around something really compact like the PI-zero-W, so you could come up with a unit with internal battery & speaker in a compact format?  As I already output Flarm and ADSB I'm most interested in the receive side, which presumably means lower power demand?

I'm not at all familiar with the technical issues, so this may be a non-starter, just wondered  if there was anything in discussion

Admin

Re: Hardware development?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2020, 06:40:31 pm »
Can I ask - do you already use FLARM in your glider as well ?

Thx
Lee

ls8pilot

Re: Hardware development?
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2020, 07:09:26 pm »
Hi Lee

I have Flarm, but an integrated (classic) version inside an LX8000 nav computer rather than separate box.