Author Topic: Wrong Registation on Virtual Radar  (Read 2410 times)

flyOn

Wrong Registation on Virtual Radar
« on: June 12, 2020, 10:14:52 pm »
Hello, Hello!

i run an PilotAware Rosetta in my C42 Microlight with the Trig XPDR. The Tailnumber is D-MXCD. But on Virtual Radar of my OGN-R it shows as D-MQAS (or something like that). The HEX-adress and registration is entered correct in Rosetta and XPDR.
If I switch off Rosetta, Virtual Radar shows the plane with the correct Registration (via Mode-S).
In my other plane (D-MXPD) it runs correct.
I have attached a screenshot of Rosetta config. Can anyone help?

exfirepro

Re: Wrong Registation on Virtual Radar
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2020, 10:42:31 am »
Hi flyOn,

Please clarify - when you say ‘I run a PilotAware Rosetta in my C42 Microlight with the Trig XPDR’, do you mean separately, or with the Rosetta supplying position data to the Txpdr to provide ADSB Out?

You also say ‘In my other plane (D-MXPD) it runs correct.’

Under normal circumstances, that would lead me to suspect that you aren’t changing the Hex Settings properly in the Rosetta Config when moving the Rosetta between the planes, but you say that ‘you have the correct Hex Address in both devices’. If that is the case, this might be an issue with the reference database used to determine the Aircraft Registration from the received Hex ID.

If you can give us the Hex ID’s for both planes and the name of your base station, Lee should be able to look them up via the network and see what is being received.

Regards

Peter

flyOn

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2020, 04:46:40 pm »
Hey Peter,
thank you for your reply.
You right, Rosetta supplying position data to the Txpdr to provide ADSB Out.
On my other plane (D-MXPD) it runs correct - but all planes have her own Rosetta.
HEX Adress of D-MXCD is 3FF273 (shown as D-MAQS on Virtal Radar)
HEX Adress of D-MXPD is 3FF6F4 (Shown correctly on VirtualRadar)

Thank you very much for your help!

JCurtis

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2020, 06:08:57 pm »
Well the likes of Airframes.org have the 3FF273 hex code ad D-MAQS and no record of D-MXCD. 

However, flightradar24 correctly shows D-MXCD against the hex code 3FF273.

So I wonder if this is a data quality issue with the datasets used by the various tracking websites.  The official German register, I believe, isn't available via the internet so I cannot check.

The transponder will always transmit the hex code programmed into it, the PilotAware just gives it a position.  However, if the OGN network is picking up the hex code transmitted via your Rosetta and relating that to the wrong reg because the database is wrong, that would explain it.
Designer and maker of charge4.harkwood.co.uk, smart universal USB chargers designed for aviation.  USB Type-A and USB-C power without the RF interference. Approved for EASA installs under CS-STAN too.

Admin

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2020, 06:17:33 pm »
Unfortunately it is down to a database entry being incorrect as JCurtis has identified
in the next release we will have an updated DB, I will check if it is correct in that

Thx
Lee

flyOn

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2020, 10:28:08 pm »
Juhuuu! Thank you all very much!
And yes, the German register is not online  :(

exfirepro

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2020, 11:21:02 pm »
Hi flyOn,

Sorry, I’ve been busy today so just got back to checking the Forum. I’m glad to see that Jeremy and Lee have confirmed that the problem was as I anticipated. We do come across this occasionally, though it is fairly rare. It can nonetheless be very frustrating when we get this type of error in the database. Hopefully the database in the next release will be correct and this will sort the problem.

In the meantime at least you know your devices are all transmitting the correct Hex code.

Best Regards

Peter