Author Topic: Losing Connection  (Read 2379 times)

turkeysneck

Losing Connection
« on: June 10, 2020, 08:03:09 pm »
I have the Rosetta which is new. I flew it yesterday and about 45 minutes into the journey I lost Pilot Aware, about a couple of minutes later it came back and over the intercom it said pilot aware. A few minutes later it went off again. I connected skydemon without pilot aware so I could get my naviation back, then I logged back in with pilot aware and it worked again. shortly after I landed so I presume the problem isn't fixed. It's not ideal.

Any ideas.

Admin

Re: Losing Connection
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2020, 10:36:35 pm »
That sounds like a reboot
The message only occurs on bootup
Can you check to see if there were split tracks
Thx
Lee

exfirepro

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2020, 09:08:45 am »
Hi again Darren,

Sounds like a power issue to me. Is this a new Rosetta or the same one you’ve had since last August?

How are you powering it?

Assuming it is the same one, what has changed?

Regards

Peter

turkeysneck

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2020, 07:23:56 pm »
I say new, I can't remember what date I bought it but I haven't flown it so It's new to me.

It's hard wired into the aircraft, It's so long I can't remember how I did it now, I'll have to check but I can't get to the aircraft it's away being repaired at the moment..

Nothing has changed only I haven't really done any long flights before just short trips, due to the weather and all the rest of it.

Admin

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2020, 07:25:05 pm »
I say new, I can't remember what date I bought it but I haven't flown it so It's new to me.

It's hard wired into the aircraft, It's so long I can't remember how I did it now, I'll have to check but I can't get to the aircraft it's away being repaired at the moment..

Nothing has changed only I haven't really done any long flights before just short trips, due to the weather and all the rest of it.

Can you check to see if there were split tracks
this will tell us if there was a power glitch
Thx
Lee

turkeysneck

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2020, 07:26:10 pm »
How do I do that, I've no idea.

turkeysneck

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2020, 08:12:36 pm »
I looked back at my build wiring and it's hard wired into the aircraft via a circuit breaker.

turkeysneck

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2020, 08:20:23 pm »
Forgot to mention, it's wired in via a usb 12v to 5v regulator.

Paul_Sengupta

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2020, 08:33:14 pm »
It's not one of the CPT ones is it? They're known to be a bit dodgy.

Any luck since?