Author Topic: Bose A20 Bluetooth  (Read 2285 times)

NATO

Bose A20 Bluetooth
« on: June 10, 2020, 11:42:25 am »
Hi,
Went flying yesterday and noticed that after the PilotAware is powered up and you try to connect to Bluetooth after going to the config page, open up the Bluetooth button, start scanning it fails to show up the Bose headset, I tried scanning 3-4 times but still not showing.
Rebooted the PilotAware with the Bose A20 switched on and it showed and connected straight away, tried this both ways a couple of times and the only way for the PilotAware to find the headset is to reboot.
It appears that the scan button does not re-scan for new devices but only shows the ones it found at initial startup ?
Ant thoughts ?

AlanG

Re: Bose A20 Bluetooth
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2020, 02:18:02 pm »
Hi Nato
I don't use BT in the aircraft anymore but do have a small cheapy speaker that I use at home for testing.
(Not intimating that the Bose h/s is cheap), but i do notice a reluctance for the Paw to detect the speaker in a scan.
I often get it to be discovered by moving it very close to the Paw and once locked on can move it to where I require it and it remains active until switched off.   I'm at a loss to know where all the BT devices are that come up in the list when Paw is first turned on.  I used to use a small BT TX device plugged into the Paw Audio jack with my earlier Pi2 feeding an RX device into the intercom aux. but now have this hard wired to a mixer pre-amp then to the intercom aux.  I can select Paw audio alerts or Nav software alerts, or both if I want.  :D

NATO

« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2020, 08:02:16 pm »
Hi Alan,
As you say, when the Paw is first switched on I did not know there were so many BT devices active around the aircraft, shame it does not find the Bose ! Just have to remember to switch on the headset before the Paw !

Regards,

Neil

exfirepro

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2020, 09:00:32 am »
Hi Neil,

As a new user, you wouldn’t know this, but the addition of Bluetooth to PilotAware is a comparatively recent development, following the migration of PAW from the Pi2 ‘Classic’ to the Pi3 based ‘Rosetta’. It was decided some time after the initial Rosetta release that we should try to make use of the Bluetooth capability of the Raspberry Pi3, but this was only ever included in the ‘Public Release Software’ as a ‘Beta’ release. Development of this and other functions is ongoing.

I’m sure Lee will take note of your comments and add them to his (long) ‘to do’ list.

Best Regards

Peter

stokesa

« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2022, 09:20:14 pm »
Am I correct in saying the steps to get PAW  Audio traffic via BT on to my Bose A20 are...1. iPad ON 2. Bose ON connect both on BT  Then 3. switch PAW on ???
Thanks,
Alan

comanchebob

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2022, 11:46:51 pm »
I have been trying to connect my Rosetta by Bluetooth to my Bose A20’s, but without any success.
I agree with previous comments on this problem and conclude that the idea is a good one but the software is not sufficiently developed to actually work.
I look forward to to a successful resolution in the future.

steveu

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2022, 04:00:56 pm »
Lots of Bluetooth stuff is only "discover-able" or up for connecting to with so many minutes or seconds of switch on.

Worth knowing what this number is...