Author Topic: Traffic display in SkyDemon  (Read 2158 times)

Merlin29

Traffic display in SkyDemon
« on: June 11, 2020, 10:35:49 am »
When you run SD in Simulate mode and spawn aircraft, spawned aircraft show a trajectory line. At a glance you can see which way they are heading. When I've run PAW with SkyDemon, I can can't see the trajectory line. Is there a setting in SD missing, or is this to do with the way SD handles data from PAW? Thanks.

exfirepro

Re: Traffic display in SkyDemon
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2020, 10:51:14 am »
Hi Merlin,

Have you tried SkyDemon / Setup / Navigation Options / Aircraft Trajectory Display ?

Not sure if this changes all traffic or just your own aircraft.

Regards

Peter

Merlin29

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2020, 11:12:17 am »
It doesn't make any difference if Aircraft Trajectory Display is on or off.

mariko

« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2020, 12:00:15 pm »
Hi, this is a playback of a registered Pilotaware track, I can see the aircraft traiectory display.
It was registered one years ago, with the old PAW software version, also SD version was an old version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xia7G-H2cnQ
Ciao
  Mariko

Merlin29

« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2020, 02:07:50 pm »
Thanks for sharing. At the start of your video it shows an aircraft with a jet symbol +5.9 to the south-east with no trajectory. Why some aircraft with the trajectory and some not?

mariko

« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2020, 03:27:45 pm »
Maybe because the "HDG" information was not trasmitted from that aircraft.

https://mode-s.org/decode/ehs/bds60-airspeed.html
« Last Edit: June 11, 2020, 03:29:51 pm by mariko »
Ciao
  Mariko

Merlin29

« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2020, 03:48:11 pm »
I found this over on the SD forum from Tim Dawson

"I believe the trajectory lines only appear for targets at approximately the same altitude as you. There's no point displaying them for other traffic"

Kinda makes sense.

I would like them to make the icon bigger for other aircraft, or at least the relative height information as I find it hard to tell the difference between +0.2 and -0.2 at a glance. The + or - symbol is too small.

exfirepro

« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2020, 04:12:09 pm »
Merlin,

You can increase the text size in a menu accessible from the ‘Mapping’ symbol (looks like a stack of sheets of paper) at the lower right hand side of the map screen. IIRC this also adjusts the size of the target aircraft.

Regards

Peter