Author Topic: RSS feed for this forum  (Read 2024 times)

steveu

RSS feed for this forum
« on: April 05, 2020, 06:39:33 pm »
Just found the RSS feed for this forum, superb, thanks, makes it much easier to keep up with developments.

Moffrestorer

Re: RSS feed for this forum
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2020, 11:08:02 am »
Hi Steven,

Any chance you could elaborate for the rest of us?

Thx,

Chris

steveu

« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2020, 11:59:56 am »

Any chance you could elaborate for the rest of us?

You can either visit a huge number of web sites each day to see if there is anything new, or you can use an RSS Reader, which looks at a number of sites you have listed or loaded in it, and from them it pulls the new content only, and offers it to you.

This means you can have all your news, forums and other web stuff in one place. Not all web sites support RSS, and vBulletin forums are appalling for their suport, or don't have but otherwise, broadly speaking, it's a big asset especially if you have to keep tabs or news or products web sites.

Wikipedia entry for RSS - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RSS

Moffrestorer

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2020, 12:42:04 am »
Thanks Steve,

Not something I was aware of, so firmly fell into the first category, checking multiple websites, multiple times per day. What a pain. Thanks for the heads up. Just need to work out how to implement it for myself.

Thx,

Chris

steveu

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2020, 08:49:49 am »
Thanks for the heads up. Just need to work out how to implement it for myself.

Download QuiteRSS. Windows/Mac/Linux.

Look for the RSS link/symbol on websites. Copy and paste it into QuiteRSS, often the copy action alone is enough, when you click the  "Add" button the copied link is already there.

If there is no RSS link try the home page anyway.