Author Topic: Torn between PAW and SkyEcho  (Read 7895 times)

exfirepro

Re: Torn between PAW and SkyEcho
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2020, 06:03:36 pm »
I actually run mine off a ‘Charge 4’ (https://charge4.harkwood.co.uk/) which is switched separately via a circuit breaker direct off the battery (handy for charging phones/pads but VERY easy to leave running if you forget about it). I have seen several others switched separately after the main keyswitch.

And yes, please do feedback your experiences.

Best Regards

Peter

Merlin29

« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2020, 08:05:41 pm »
I actually run mine off a ‘Charge 4’

Where did you mount this?
I think I have all the required information now. I’m thinking of disconnecting the current cigarette lighter and blanking this off. Then taking the connections and going straight into a Charge 2 or similar product. This has the advantage of already being a fused circuit and powered by the master switch.

exfirepro

« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2020, 10:53:54 pm »
Hi Merlin,

My Charge 4 is Velcro mounted on the left side of the base tube just below the battery with the ports facing towards me. It fits there fine and it is easy to see the status lights as the ports power up, (but not easy to plug into the ports in flight). A Charge 2 might be easier to access, but the 4 gives more ‘bang per buck’ and it’s easy to leave a spare lead plugged in if you think you are likely to need it.

Regards

Peter

p.s. Looks like World War 16 over on the FF  ???

Deker

« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2020, 07:17:28 am »
This sounds interesting :-)
As we have seen in the past, the PAW Team periodically announce a "upgrade" in functionality and it sounds like we're about to get another "upgrade".

Seen on the Flyer forum.
https://forums.flyer.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=1750328#p1750328

"In addition to providing a console to view surrounding traffic and traffic provided by GRID neighbors
As you indicate it picks up PilotAware, FLARM, MLAT(via 360Radar), ADS-B, and 2 further forms of traffic sources which are yet to be announced."

Wonder what the 2 other forms of traffic are? I can't wait to find out.

Deker