Author Topic: Missing FLARM contacts  (Read 2216 times)

PeterG

Missing FLARM contacts
« on: January 13, 2020, 04:15:24 pm »
I was at our airfield (EGTU) yesterday where there is an OGN/PAW aerial. Whilst I could pick up ADS-B and (some) Mode S contacts I couldn't see any Flarm-equipped gliders who were definitely in the air. A colleague logged into the OGN  thingy and it was clear that it was picking up and tracking gliders, but they weren't being displayed on either my SD or on the traffic page of PAW.

My question is, how would I know if the issue lies with the rebroadcast from the OGN/PAW aerial or my Rosetta? Looking at the config page it showed no error messages that I could see.

Admin

Re: Missing FLARM contacts
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2020, 07:17:33 pm »
Hi
What time was this at yesterday ?
We pushed a fix out at 16:00 for the very issue you describe.

Basically there was a problem that if there were more PilotAwares in the area, not all FLARM/MLAT were being uplinked
Were you seeing any FLARM or no FLARM, if there were none whatsoever, it may be a different issue

Do you know if your A/C was being displayed on the OGNR tracking page ?

Thx
Lee
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 07:20:52 pm by Admin »

PeterG

« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2020, 10:56:15 pm »
It was between 14:00 and 16:00 yesterday.

I saw no FLARM contacts at all on PAW, though the OGN site picked them up. I didn't look to see if my a/c was displayed, as I assumed it would have been filtered out.

I'll check again at the weekend when I'm next there

Paul_Sengupta

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2020, 01:51:15 am »
An update? Argh, that'll be why I've lost contact with my OGN-R station again....rebuild time again...

PeterG

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2020, 12:30:59 am »
Well, today I picked up ADSB, Mode S and PAW contacts but no FLARMs at EGTU.

I'm not at all clear the gliders today were using FLARM but none were showing viaa PAW.

Admin

« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2020, 11:40:48 am »
Well, today I picked up ADSB, Mode S and PAW contacts but no FLARMs at EGTU.
I'm not at all clear the gliders today were using FLARM but none were showing viaa PAW.

Hi Peter,
I cannot access this remotely, This was setup by Chris Parsons, I will email him to check the status
(emailed Chris and put you on cc)

Thx
Lee
« Last Edit: January 19, 2020, 11:46:50 am by Admin »