Author Topic: Power, logging and other query  (Read 1385 times)

RobertPBham

Power, logging and other query
« on: January 13, 2020, 09:05:34 pm »
Hi all,

Power
I've been using my PAW for a couple of years with a Zendure power bank very successfully. However, on and off I've occasionally received a voltage warning message on the home page. A complete power off and power on has always resolved this and it had got to the point where I wouldn't even check it each time I flew as it appeared to cause no issues. However, back in July 19, I decided to treat myself to the recommended power supply as the Zendure was a couple of years old and I bought a Anker PowerCore 10000mAH power bank (model A1263). I have noticed this raises the same fault as the Zendure did - voltage warning and throttle warning.

I've read much about power causing issues, so wanted to ascertain what issues the above error may cause and should the recommended power supply do this? All appears to work fine just like the Zendure.

I am using my original power cable that came with the PAW classic I purchased - this is now attached to a Rosetta.
See image attached.

Logging
I have noticed on the logging page a continuous (every 5 to 10 seconds) alert stating COMMON: HTTP-config: UNDEFINED - is this of any concern and can/should it be fixed in some way?
See image attached.

Traffic
This was more curiosity than anything due to me other playing about. With my new GPS receiver, indoors, I get full satellite signal very quickly which is fantastic. I was having a look at the traffic page and noticed two aircraft that appeared to have two SQ ID's - is that right/possible?
See image attached

Thanks
Rob

Admin

Re: Power, logging and other query
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2020, 09:30:07 pm »
Phew long posting!

OK, short version none of these are real issues
Long version follows

Throttling, the warning means at some point since power on, this was seen as an issue, but is no longer hitting the threshold - that would say error
Jeremy Curtis explained in another thread that the copper strands in the cable can start to degrade over time, but I dont think you are having a problem here

Http messages, you can ignore, its our overly verbose messaging, by any chance when upgrading, did you manually copy the config fikes across ?

Finally squawk codes, if the modeA squawk is also a valid modeC alt code, I print that as well, purely used for info purposes, I think this is documented

Thx
Lee
« Last Edit: January 13, 2020, 09:32:24 pm by Admin »

RobertPBham

Re: Power, logging and other query
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2020, 10:10:43 pm »
Hi Lee,

Thanks for the response. That's great to hear there are no 'real' issues!

With regards to the http message - yes, I did copy the config files over from the classic to Rosetta.

Great to understand the squawk code part as well.

Thanks
Rob