Author Topic: Aerial installation  (Read 1637 times)

Johnhigh

Aerial installation
« on: October 09, 2020, 05:07:46 pm »
We need to use the two remote aerials but they will be close to the unit. The leads look very long, can they be shortened.

exfirepro

Re: Aerial installation
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2020, 05:36:38 pm »
Hi John,

Are you talking about the Rohan external antennas, or the internal fit ‘Horn Dipole’ antennas?

In either case, the coax ‘can’ be shortened if you know what you’re doing and have the correct fittings and tools, but if you have to ask, I presume you don’t. When you say shortened, by how much?

Regards

Peter

Johnhigh

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2020, 08:13:55 am »
As you say we don't have the tools but ma be able to access some. We only need about 30-40 cm for one and 60cm for the other

rblaksley

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2020, 06:37:07 pm »
This thread addresses (but has not yet answered) exactly my own question. My PA Rosetta installation is hard-wired into a Magni gyro, but the two, 2 metre long cables supplied for the permanent fitting kit are too long and, coiled up, take up precious space - as well as offending the OCD cable-management side of me.

I am happy to order a couple of bespoke cables of the correct length from any one of the companies that will fabricate RF cables to order, but I am struggling with the spec.

The cable itself seems to be LM240 (also known as RF240), and the fitting at the Rosetta end is (I am pretty certain) SMA Male, but I can't work out what the fitting should be at the antenna-end of the cable.

Can anyone from PA, or any other genius on the forum) please advise?

Many thanks in hopeful anticipation

Richard

PaulSS

« Last Edit: October 11, 2020, 06:46:14 pm by PaulSS »