Author Topic: Updates  (Read 2524 times)

peter.seddon

Updates
« on: December 28, 2019, 09:58:10 am »
How often and when does the system do an update? I've just updated PWFirbank to 20191119, will it now auto update?
Peter S
G-DDLA

exfirepro

Re: Updates
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2019, 11:18:13 am »
Hi Peter,

Once updated to anything newer than 20191008, the OGN-R software carries out automatic checks and updates at regular intervals as long as it has access to the internet.

Best Regards

Peter R

peter.seddon

« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2020, 09:52:02 am »
There seems to have been quite a lot of updates since Christmas, just how often do they come out?
Peter S
G-DDLA

exfirepro

« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2020, 01:28:44 pm »
Hi Peter,

Generally not that often, but Lee & Co have been working on a number of updates and improvements to the system over the last few weeks/months, hence the higher than usual frequency of updates to the network. Not my place to say what exactly and in any case I only know the outline  8)

Regards

Peter R

peter.seddon

« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2020, 03:29:55 pm »
It's not been a problem but I've been having a few issues with the Firbank receiver which is using WiFi to connect and as a couple of posts have been about WiFi issues I wondered if this was the cause. It's back up now so I'll see how it goes. As I'm in Morecambe and Firbank is in Sedbergh, it's not possible to visit the site.
Peter S
G-DDLA

Admin

« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2020, 04:50:50 pm »
Hi all
Yes a lot of recent improvements have gone in
The only change to wifi is that it can now he set up during the config if desired

Thx
Lee

exfirepro

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2020, 07:11:03 pm »
Hi all
Yes a lot of recent improvements have gone in
The only change to wifi is that it can now he set up during the config if desired

Thx
Lee

...Though presumably the update that introduced the ‘incorporated WiFi’ facility will have overwritten Peter’s Manual WiFi config for PWFirbank (at Sedbergh) - or am I mistaken? If it has overwritten Peter’s config, if he reruns the (new) config script and inputs his WiFi settings again will future updates automatically retain his settings?

Regards

Peter

Admin

« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2020, 11:18:09 pm »
Any. change to wifi would only be made by running the config script
Thx
Lee