Author Topic: Composite out on first boot not working  (Read 3026 times)

Tiger

Composite out on first boot not working
« on: October 22, 2015, 06:55:15 pm »
Hey all. I am a PPL who is also into IT and Amatuer Radio so I was stoked to find this resource and in fact have pretty much all the kit laying around to make something to at least receive in flight.

Has anyone been able to install Pilotaware using a composite screen? I usually use my Raspberry Pis complete headless but looks like it will be easier to use a monitor to set this up.

The problem is that on initial boot the monitor is blank and pressing '3' as per instructions has absolutely no effect. If I wait until the activity lights on the Pi have settled down and power cycle, I am then able to press '3' and get the display online - only to see the system kernel panic due to being unable to mount the root filesystem.

Presumably my power cycling has interrupted some process?

How can I install either headless or using composite out?

Admin

Re: Composite out on first boot not working
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2015, 07:02:23 pm »
Hi
The problem is that on initial boot the monitor is blank and pressing '3' as per instructions has absolutely no effect
Can you tell me what instructions you are following ?

thx
Lee

Mig29fuk

• G-MYUP. White Ox Mead Airstrip. Near Bath
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2015, 07:07:36 pm »
PAW is self propelled in last two releases. You don't need to get involved with boot cycle.
Allow it to boot and you'll have a WiFi output. Choose that from Android, PC, Mac, iSomething with IP of 192.168.1.1 in any Browser.
At that point you'll be connected to system via small PAW Web Service. You can configure, check process logs and see status of hardware.
Not sure what you are trying achieve or what more you want?
G
G-MYUP
White Ox Mead Airstrip
Bath. England

Tiger

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2015, 09:20:50 pm »
Thanks guys. Was actually following the instructions in the root of the SD card image which I guess is just left over from NOOBS :)

Will just let it boot next time and see if I get an access point.

Admin

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2015, 09:24:39 pm »
I will remove those instructions
Thx
Lee