Author Topic: Latest version - ADSB labels  (Read 3240 times)

captchaos

Latest version - ADSB labels
« on: October 22, 2015, 02:33:21 pm »
I have upgraded both my units to the latest version of PAW. One uses collisionaware for fix the other has USB GPS. The USB one is not showing the ident label on ADSB traffic. Is there a setting I need to change or is there some other problem?

Admin

Re: Latest version - ADSB labels
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2015, 02:47:55 pm »
I have upgraded both my units to the latest version of PAW. One uses collisionaware for fix the other has USB GPS. The USB one is not showing the ident label on ADSB traffic. Is there a setting I need to change or is there some other problem?

This is totally unrelated.
Are you sure both units are running the same version of PilotAware.
A quick test would be to put the USB GPS into the other unit.

captchaos

« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2015, 02:57:33 pm »
I think I have spotted the issue, older versions of SD on one so I assume whilst it used to display hex code with previous PAW version, the older SD version doesn't handle new label. Trying now.

On a slave/master test I am getting -24/-34 with units 10 feet apart. Does that seem healthy?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2015, 03:08:55 pm by captchaos »

Admin

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2015, 03:11:40 pm »
I think I have spotted the issue, older versions of SD on one so I assume whilst it used to display hex code with previous PAW version, the older SD version doesn't handle new label. Trying now.

On a slave/master test I am getting -24/-34 with units 10 feet apart. Does that seem healthy?
-20/-20 is the best I have seen with my units 40 ft apart

captchaos

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2015, 04:17:20 pm »
Better than me then. I tried taking the DVBs out, with slight improvement with one out and worse with both out!

At 92m I am getting -54/-73 (with both DVB's plugged in)