Author Topic: Updating to ATOM  (Read 2016 times)

peter.seddon

Updating to ATOM
« on: March 08, 2021, 11:03:48 am »
Hi
Is it as simple as adding a second SDR and aerial and then rebooting the PI to get ATOM up and running.
Cheers.
Peter S
G-DDLA

steveu

Re: Updating to ATOM
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2021, 12:00:37 pm »
If you've already got ATOM software running then surely you need to run the configure utility for the new SDR to be recognised and calibrated?

If you haven't then more involved?

peter.seddon

« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2021, 01:55:29 pm »
It's an old base station that I made for a friend before ATOM. It does have the latest software 20210305 but never had a second SDR attached.
Peter S
G-DDLA

steveu

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2021, 02:48:20 pm »
Peter has set out the procedure, here, it's for changing location but it's the same procedure:

http://forum.pilotaware.com/index.php/topic,1906.msg20403.html#msg20403

Pasted to save time:

These days that’s a fairly simple job Patrick - not like when we first started.

1. Connect to the unit by its IP address or via ‘ognpaw.local’, or by temporarily adding a keyboard and monitor.

2. Login to the Raspberry Pi using the defaults or ‘pi’ plus your set password.

3. When you get to the command prompt, simply type ‘config’ [Enter] then wait for things to happen and follow the on-screen Instructions as they appear. It really is that easy.

Remember you will need to run the config once the unit is in its final location to redo the GSM Scan which sets the frequency offset, gain and centre frequency for the FLARM Receiver to local conditions.

Best Regards

Peter

Forgot to say, you need to know which slots the SDRs are plugged into as the config script will ask.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 03:45:39 pm by steveu »

exfirepro

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2021, 06:38:11 pm »
Hi Peter S,

Sorry to come to this late - I have been putting my loft back together after tidying up some wiring.

Glad to see @steveu has sorted you out.

Yes, as you are already running the latest software all you need to do is add the extra antenna and SDR then login and re-run the config as per my previous post linked by Steve. Just make sure both SDRs are plugged in before you start the config. The config text will lead you through the setup. Don’t get too hung up on the questions re antenna gain, you can ignore them for the moment.

Let us know how you get on or if you have any problems.

Best Regards

Peter R