Author Topic: Which Raspberry Pi  (Read 1791 times)

Mat

Which Raspberry Pi
« on: September 16, 2019, 10:10:07 pm »
Am about to order an upgrade to my Raspberry Pi 2 to isolate the WiFi dongle from some drop-out issues I've been having on my PilotAware Classic. Although I suspect it's partly power supply issues. (Can't reallly justify a wholesale Rosetta upgrade).

However, I need to decide between Raspberry Pi 3B or 3B+ now that both work with the PilotAware software. I've found a supplier, but the latter seem to be in short supply with RS offering back-orders for Feb 2020!

Raspberry Pi 3B and 3B+ in comparison suggests power consumption is somewhat less on the 3B, with a few features missing/reduced. Much advantage of the older model for PilotAware?

exfirepro

Re: Which Raspberry Pi
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2019, 09:17:37 am »
Hi Mat,

Current Rosettas are supplied with the Pi3B. I and a few others have been running the 3B+ in development testing (in my case for 18 months now - initially on ‘Development Software’) and can confirm that the current software runs well on either platform. If you are experiencing supply difficulties, I would go for whatever version is available.

Once you have your new board, send a note of the old and new MAC address to Ash support@pilotaware.com and he will change your existing licence over to the new board.

Best Regards

Peter