Author Topic: Can Alerts Be Turned OFF  (Read 2149 times)

turkeysneck

Can Alerts Be Turned OFF
« on: September 15, 2019, 07:59:09 pm »
Is it possible to turn off the alerts while either landing or taking off, as it's really distracting when you are bombarded with alerts when you are trying to call the tower.
I'm using Skydemon with an Ipad 4 mini, I noticed in the bottom right hand corner you can select silece alerts but I press that and nothing happens. Is there another way I can short tem turn them off.

Ian Melville

Re: Can Alerts Be Turned OFF
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2019, 08:09:32 pm »
I assume the alerts are coming from you PilotAware, so the SD mute will have no effect.

If you have connected by audio cable them a switch in the line will do the trick. If by BT, then turn BT off on your headset.

Yes it would be nice to have another way, I cannot immediately see how. Any software methods would mean switching screens.

GeoffreyC

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2019, 08:12:35 pm »
I assume the alerts are coming from you PilotAware, so the SD mute will have no effect.

If you have connected by audio cable them a switch in the line will do the trick. If by BT, then turn BT off on your headset.

Yes it would be nice to have another way, I cannot immediately see how. Any software methods would mean switching screens.
I tried in vain to find an inline audio switch for my paw.  Anyone found a suitable source?

turkeysneck

« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2019, 08:29:37 pm »
Yes It's connected via a cable, I will have to install a switch, thanks for the advice.

Ian Melville

« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2019, 09:00:59 pm »
Geoffrey, I would just make up a cable as required.

Smaragd

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2019, 09:06:55 pm »
My PAW audio plugs into a miniature socket on the instrument panel which is plumbed into the radio. When i want to silence the PAW I just pull out the plug. Who needs a switch!

GeoffreyC

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2019, 11:23:00 pm »
Geoffrey, I would just make up a cable as required.
Yea that’s what I might have to do.  Tried ebay etc but couldn’t find a ready made solution

Thanks