Author Topic: Powering up Rosetta  (Read 1870 times)

McVitie

Powering up Rosetta
« on: August 12, 2019, 09:40:14 am »
I am new to PilotAware and although my Rosetta is up and working with RunwayHD on an iPad mini, I find that if RunwayHD is already running when I power up the Rosetta box, the iPad connects to the wifi but RunwayHD doesn't seem to pick up Rosetta data. So, my query is: must I always make sure Rosetta is up and running before opening RunwayHD?

exfirepro

Re: Powering up Rosetta
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2019, 10:21:50 am »
Hi McVitie,

I’m not overly familiar with RunwayHD (I did have a complimentary licensed copy for ‘support’ purposes but the licence expired some time back).

The general principle when starting a Nav App, however, is that you need to define the data source - with SkyDemon for example you select ‘Go Flying - Use PilotAware’. Prior to doing this, you need to connect the device running the Nav App to the PilotAware WiFi Hotspot so that it can obtain the data. This obviously requires the data source to be running when you start the Nav App.

So the sequence is....

Start PilotAware and wait ‘til the PilotAware WiFi Hotspot appears on your Tablet.

Connect your Tablet to the PilotAware WiFi Hotspot.

Start your Nav App and connect it to PilotAware.

Detailed instructions are available on the PilotAware website at...  https://pilotaware.com/runwayhd/

Hope this helps

Best Regards

Peter

McVitie

Re: Powering up Rosetta
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2019, 01:41:29 pm »
Thanks Peter.
You confirm what I began to suspect. I'll just have to  remember to power up Rosetta before I think about starting RunwayHD (because if I don't, I'll have to re-start it!)
Kind regards,
McVitie