Author Topic: Blank Radar Screen  (Read 2130 times)

Andrew330

Blank Radar Screen
« on: August 10, 2019, 03:08:40 pm »
Hi
This is my first post but I have been lurking for some time ;)
I am very impressed with PAW and have owned  a Rosetta for over a year but for various reasons, have only just used it in anger. It has the latest software installed.

On a recent trip around Europe I never once had any traffic appear on the Radar screen. I am setup for 3D (I have read the instructions  ;)) and I know this is only applicable to the UK. The attached screen shots were taken in France but I have the same blank screen in the UK. You can see that the PAW sees loads of traffic but even with the radar set to max horizontal and vertical limits, nothing is shown on the Radar? Does the Radar screen only work in the UK, if so I find it hard to believe I was the only one flying (it was detecting OGN stations)

Using an iPad 4, tried both safari and chrome, cleared the cache

Am I missing something?

Thanks

mariko

Re: Blank Radar Screen
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2019, 05:33:36 pm »
You filtered out everything more than 1000’ difference from  your altitude
Ciao
  Mariko

Andrew330

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2019, 05:53:56 pm »
Ahh... so the settings on the Radar screen are overridden by the PAW configure. I assumed these (configure settings) only effected the output to the likes of SD etc and that the radar screen would apply the filters set on that screen?
Thank you.

mariko

« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2019, 07:23:17 pm »
Ah ok... I dont use the web radar, so maybe I was wrong, sorry
The reason because you dont see anything on the radar screen is that you dont have a fixing from the GPS, so the radar page cannot display relative positions, please control you have a valid GPS position
« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 07:26:28 pm by mariko »
Ciao
  Mariko

Andrew330

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2019, 10:39:10 pm »
I have flown over 18 hours in the last week using PAW to power SD so there must have been a GPS fix (plus I have a screen shot taken at the same time as the others showing 14 satellites   ;))

Ian Melville

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2019, 07:11:15 am »
Mariko is correct that your filters in PAWConfig are quite aggressive(within 10Km and +/-1000 feet). Cannot see any issues with GPS fixes though. The filters on the config page are applied before those on the Radar. Perhaps the manual could make this clearer.

What is shown with a grey background in the Traffic Table will be filtered from the PAWRadar display and your 3rd party navigation device, which in this case is everything with a position report. Hence why the radar display is blank. Set your filters on the  Config page to 'Display All' and save the settings. Check you PA Radar again.

Chers
Ian