Author Topic: Upgrade Issue on Classic  (Read 2712 times)

Gary Nelson

Upgrade Issue on Classic
« on: August 06, 2019, 09:31:23 pm »
I am trying to upgrade and thought I had done everything correctly from formatting the SD card to uploading the 21 odd files to it and inserting it into my classic PAW and leaving it on for 30 minutes plus. However as per the two attachments of my home and configure screens the old version 20180520 is showing and not 20190621. Any suggestions would be much appreciated

Seanhump

Re: Upgrade Issue on Classic
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2019, 11:10:19 pm »
Try refreshing the screen in the browser, just in case you're seeing a cached view ..

It could be a simple as that
Pilotaware user ...

Admin

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2019, 07:34:17 am »
Hi

Date is shown as 29/jul is this when you performed the upgrade
If the old OS was still present, this indicates the format did not execute correctly
You could try a ‘full overwrite’ reformat
Thx
Lee

Gary Nelson

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2019, 08:32:38 am »
Hi Lee - can you clarify what you mean by “full overight” - do you mean re formatting the sd card - I followed the instructions re the sd formatter programme (at least i thought i did)

Admin

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2019, 01:46:34 pm »
I think the issue is that the format (for some reason) had not occured correctly
If I recall correctly there is also an option in the SD Format program to overwrite all contents ?
I was suggesting this to see if it made a difference

Thx
Lee

Gary Nelson

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2019, 12:09:20 am »
The SD Card Formatter only has two options of "quick format" or "overwrite format".  I chose "overwrite format". Was that the correct one?

I ask as the PAW upgrade webpage states to choose "full overwrite" while the READ ME  text for the upgrade states choose "format" for PC which are both different to above

Admin

« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2019, 06:51:55 am »
You are right, overwrite format
Suggest you try again
Thx
Lee

Gary Nelson

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2019, 06:12:09 pm »
Problem solved - I bought a £20 pre-loaded SD card from Pilot Aware and it updated no problem :)