Author Topic: Flexwing antenna position  (Read 2305 times)

Faulknem

Flexwing antenna position
« on: July 20, 2019, 11:12:49 pm »
Hello,
Where have Quik Flexwing owners placed their Rosetta antennas? I put my Rosetta unit and 12 hour Anker power supply in a side pannier.  I have bought two 2 metre extension cables but could use some advice on where to place the antennas.

Ian Melville

Re: Flexwing antenna position
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2019, 06:11:05 am »
I don't know much about Flexwings, but have you seen this?

http://forum.pilotaware.com/index.php/topic,1169.0.html

exfirepro

Re: Flexwing antenna position
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2019, 08:28:26 am »
Hi @Faulknem,

I have (just a few minutes ago) significantly updated my original ‘Flexwing Installation Guide’ (which Ian has linked to above) after reading your post, to reflect up-to-the-minute thinking and experience from hundreds of hours use and many flexwing installations (As part of the PilotAware Development and Support Team, lots of the testing was done with my flexwing and I regularly get feedback from other flexwing users.)

If you don’t want to re-site your unit inside the front of the pod, you should still be able to use either of the remote antenna options from the side pannier. The most important issue is to maximise clear view in the direction of travel to maximise early warning (highest closing speed). If you do need to use extension cables, I would urge you to keep them as short as possible and use good quality coaxial cable to minimise potential signal loss.

Any questions, please post back on here or drop me a PM via the messages tab.

Best Regards

Peter
« Last Edit: July 21, 2019, 09:08:39 am by exfirepro »