Author Topic: Bluetoothing Headset to the new upgraded Rosetta  (Read 2530 times)

chayward

Bluetoothing Headset to the new upgraded Rosetta
« on: July 19, 2019, 03:31:37 pm »
Instructions to blue tooth headset to the  new
Upgraded Rosetta .
Any info would be appreciated
Thanks
Colin

Cliff Poulter

Re: Bluetoothing Headset to the new upgraded Rosetta
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2019, 09:47:37 am »
I went to the 'Configure' tab on the browser. Part way down, there is a line that reads Test/BT/Volume.
I clicked on 'BT' and it opened a page that enabled me to pair Rosetta with my bluetooth headphones. Then went back to the Configure page and clicked on 'Test' and received the PAW message to my headphones.

neilmurg

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2019, 06:29:53 pm »
Me too,
just a note to add that I must have looked at that page 15 times before I realised that the little 'BT' in a box meant 'Bluetooth' and it was a button to be pressed, doh!

Cliff Poulter

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2019, 11:16:48 pm »
You are in good company. I did exactly the same and was initially convinced it was missing.
I think an update to the user manual will be very helpful to others.

exfirepro

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2019, 08:32:33 am »
Hi Guys,

Bear in mind, this part is still ‘Beta’ software, so not necessarily the final version. It’s likely the setup and controls will be improved in due course. Let us know how you get on (good or bad) as this will help inform ongoing development.

Regards

Peter

neilmurg

« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2019, 10:27:37 am »
I am aware Peter. The feedback is given in that context, intended to be helpful.
If anything, more of a criticism of my powers of observation.

Admin

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2019, 11:05:05 am »
just for clarification here
As Peter says it is Beta software, and all feedback gratefully received

One thing that has concerned me is that in the hardware, the WiFi and Bluetooth share the same chip, which means potentially whilst one is active, the other could be blocked for periods of time.

So if there is a frenzy of audio, this may perturb the sending of data packets for traffic position updates.
This is something I want to be sure is not causing an issue.