Author Topic: No voice alerts  (Read 4529 times)

turkeysneck

No voice alerts
« on: July 13, 2019, 07:22:52 pm »
I have a few problems. It seems to connect to the pilot aware wifi OK then when I go flying although it seems to see some aircraft they don't seem to be moving. Just like static on the display also there are no voice alerts any idea how I get them to work.

Admin

Re: No voice alerts
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2019, 07:57:05 pm »
If you load the radar display, is the traffic moving ?

turkeysneck

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2019, 08:00:17 pm »
I couldn't see any traffic on the radar also the aircraft I could see on the main screen had no information attached.

Admin

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2019, 09:31:08 pm »
Can you please post a screenshot of following pages
Home
Configure
Traffic

Thx
Lee

turkeysneck

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2019, 12:13:50 pm »
I tried it again today and the radar is now howing moving aircraft.

turkeysneck

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2019, 12:16:12 pm »
As far a I can tell the settings seem correct.

turkeysneck

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2019, 12:18:11 pm »
Final Image

Admin

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2019, 02:02:01 pm »
So coming back to your original problem
Do you still have aircraft on SD which are not moving ?

Can you post a screenshot of SD and highlight the aircraft not moving ?

Thx
Lee

turkeysneck

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2019, 04:03:59 pm »
Yes I will do once I go flying again. I'm wondering if a simple reboot has sorted it because on the ground anyway it seems to be working.

Admin

« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2019, 05:09:55 pm »
Are you Sure that the static aircraft you were seeing were not groundstations ?

turkeysneck

« Reply #10 on: July 14, 2019, 08:42:15 pm »
Well this is what I'm not sure about, also when I rebooted Skydemon I noticed I had voices appear in the menu, so I'll know how it performs the next time I fly.

Ian Melville

« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2019, 10:56:39 pm »
SkyDemon and PAW voices are two separate things. Can you can confirm how you are listening to the audio?

exfirepro

« Reply #12 on: July 15, 2019, 05:41:16 pm »
Hi Darren,

Sorry to come late to this thread - I just got back from holiday last night.

A few comments / questions to help me (and the others) get our heads round what exactly is going on here ...

1. I see you are still using your PAW Classic, which Lee sorted the WiFi connectivity issue out on for you at Popham Last Year (2018).

2. We had a brief exchange back in March about software versions and I note that you are still running the version 20180520 software (which was still the latest at that time). There is a new version now available (version 20190620) but it requires a full manual update by adding a fresh copy to a new microSD card and then reconfiguring to match your existing, or you can buy it preloaded on a microSD card from the PilotAware.com website, but will still need to reset your Licence Key and other configuration settings if you decide to go down this route.

3. I presume you are still running SkyDemon on your iPad Mini 4 - but note that you now appear to be using ‘PilotAware’ rather than ‘FLARM’ Connectivity’ (probably at Lee’s suggestion from 2018).

4. We had a further brief exchange in March regarding a problem with SkyDemon not getting a correct location fix from PAW (having not been used for over a year) and still showing its location as ‘Popham’.(though you didn’t positively confirm a satisfactory resolution to your problem at that time).

And from the current thread...

5. From the Home Screen, I see that you have 4 greens, with a 3D GPS fix and both ADSB and P3i functioning (no P3i receive showing but the unit had only been running for 7 minutes at the time the screenshot was taken).

6. I also notice from your Home Screen that you have an FTDI lead connected to one of your Classic’s USB ports, but (from the Configure Screen) none of the ports are configured to use this lead. Can you tell us why the lead is there please - e.g. do you now have a transponder or Flarm unit fitted (This will affect the settings necessary.)

7. It seems that you are also still running your Mode CS on ‘Ultra-short Range’ and +/- 500ft - which will severely restrict the number of Bearingless traffic alerts sent to your Nav System.

8. From your Traffic Screen, you are, however certainly receiving lots of High Power Commercial ADSB and Mode CS Traffic.

9. The ‘Voices’ you will have seen in [the] SkyDemon [Menus] are for SkyDemon’s Own new Audio Alert feature, which is a separate feature, though it does rely at least in part on data from your PilotAware (or other traffic device) to drive it’s anti-collision alerts. This audio comes direct from SkyDemon via the audio output of your iPad, provided it is correctly configured.

10. To get PilotAware audio alerts with a Raspberry Pi2 based ‘Classic’ you need a suitable cable with a 3.5mm TRS or TRRS jack plug, connected between your PilotAware’s composite Audio/Video Jack and a set of headphones, speaker or aircraft audio interface. (This is what Ian is asking about).

If you can give us the answers to the questions above, we should be able to get somewhere.

Best Regards

Peter

turkeysneck

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2019, 08:32:10 pm »
Hi Peter

Sorry didn't see your post.

I will look into getting the latest version if I can figure it out.

I am running Skydemon yes and  yes I'm running Piloataware not FLARM

I really don't know what happened with my location as Popham but it seems fine now.

I've no idea what an FTDI lead is to be honest. I have a lead that I was told enables ADSB I also have a transponder fitted.

Regarding the Mode CS ultar short range I need to set this up from someone who has more knowledge than me, I've watched the videos but I just can't really grasp it.

I have managed to fix the voice alerts now it was nothing more than I didn't have the cable from the jack plug connected. The voice alerts now work. It's just the loss of GPS signal.

turkeysneck

« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2019, 08:39:09 pm »
Peter

Can you please advise me on what settings I should have, you said I have it set to Mode CS Ulstra Short range, what should I have it set to please.