Author Topic: Daft question #5207 - USB GPS  (Read 4120 times)

captchaos

Daft question #5207 - USB GPS
« on: October 20, 2015, 12:27:51 pm »
One of the slow boats from China has arrived so have a USB GPS to try. I have used USB port 3 and it seems to give a position fix if I use the Flarm nav options in SD.

Daft question - si there a way to set up SD so it uses ipad GPS for its nav and PAW uses USB GPS for its position fix. The reason for this interest is that SD on the ipad keep running even if the PAW unit has problems.

I have also just upgraded to latest release and very early results showing no ADSB traffic. Are there any settings I need to adjust?

Any comments/ answers appreciated.

T67M

Re: Daft question #5207 - USB GPS
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2015, 07:12:04 pm »
I had some trouble getting the latest version to work at first, but talking it through with Lee and we've found a solution. Lee has made the fix to the version in the download area, so you might find re-downloading the update will make it work.

Thanks as always to Lee and the team for all their work.

lliksmar

« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2015, 07:30:03 pm »
ok Dumb question - which usb is Port 3?

bryannortje

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2015, 08:52:10 pm »
ok Dumb question - which usb is Port 3?

Ok asked Lee same question last Sat. When looking at the 4 USB ports LH top is port 1 and RH top is Port 3

captchaos

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2015, 10:24:15 pm »
Thanks for the replies. Re the updated version, I downloaded it late morning today. Is this the latest fix you refer to? I eventually got it working after several reboots of each device.