Author Topic: Unable to reset SSID  (Read 2250 times)

Andyt55

Unable to reset SSID
« on: July 07, 2019, 04:29:24 pm »
I have just upgraded the software on my PilotAware classic to the latest version.

I have entered my licence key and aircraft details and all seems to be working and it confirms that it is version 20190621.

However if I go to the network tab, change the SSID to reflect my registration (by deleting the MAC address and inserting my registration), enter a simple password and select Apply I get a message "HTTP request method not supported".

Am I doing something wrong as the instruction indicate that this is all I have to do.

Admin

Re: Unable to reset SSID
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2019, 04:39:19 pm »
ooh, let me investigate

can you tell me the exact text you are entering so I can try to reproduce

Thx
Lee

Admin

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2019, 04:41:37 pm »
Ahh no wait, I think I know what is happening here
The first ever time you go to the network tab - it reboots the network, so you lose connectivity
subsequent times it is OK

Please try it again

Thx
Lee

Andyt55

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2019, 05:00:46 pm »
I went to the home page, then clicked on the Network tab.  I then went to the Configure page and back to the Network page.  Changed the SSID to PilotAware-GFJTH and selected Apply which gave the HTTP error.

Andy

Ahh no wait, I think I know what is happening here
The first ever time you go to the network tab - it reboots the network, so you lose connectivity
subsequent times it is OK

Please try it again

Thx
Lee

Andyt55

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2019, 05:39:05 pm »
I'm not quite sure but after a number of reboots of the system it worked and accepted the new SSID.

Andy

exfirepro

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2019, 06:15:59 pm »
I updated the CFI’s new Rosetta to 20190621 last week (it was supplied with 20180520) and changed the SSID to G-ABCD (+ PAW MAC) and it accepted the change first time. IIRC you need to be careful how you format the SSID as it won’t accept some variations (though I can’t remember the details).

Regards

Peter